Difficulty ripping from DVD to matroska in chapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Difficulty ripping from DVD to matroska in chapters

I've been trying to rip from DVD's using MKV passthrough, with "split by chapter" enabled. For whatever reason, DVDFab gradually fails to perform the operation properly once it attempts to process certain chapters. It doesn't provide any error, but the processing speed rapidly plummets until it becomes so low that DVDFab ceases to bother displaying it. After that, DVDFab perpetually tries to continue processing, but never gets anywhere. No output file (not even a partial or temporary one) for that chapter appears in the destination. Stopping the process causes DVDFab to hang forever, necessitating a forced closure and restart.

This problem has been occurring across multiple DVD's, and doesn't occur when ripping to VOB instead. Being that those are the only two passthrough profiles I can use, this presents a real problem. VOB's don't play nice with MKVToolNix because that program can't find the muxed subtitles within.

I've tried disabling PathPlayer, but that didn't change anything. Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by Gatherum; 02-20-2016, 03:37 AM.

Jack of all trades

I will first state no intention of disrespect for the hardworking team at dvdfab. I believe their goals and dedication are light years ahead of the remaining competition (if any). The nature of being a jack of all trades requires immense multitasking and being an ever evolving software it may at times temporarily lag in a field of software(s) that are dedicated to 1 goal. Since you have reported your problem and this is an open help forum I would like to recommend MakeMKV GUI (freeware while in beta) till the Fab team can offer a solution.

Comment

Working...
    X