BUG: Forced Subtitle option saves no subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) BUG: Forced Subtitle option saves no subtitles

When using BD Ripper to rip movie with MKV Passthrough profile with the "Display Only Forced Subtitle" and "Forced Only" options selected, no subtitles are saved. This happens with movies with known forced subtitles such as Kill Bill.

Log file attached.
    Attached Files

Some titles state that they have "Forced Subtitles" yet in actuality they are in fact a separate track all on their own.

For example; A true Forced Subtitle track will be embedded within another subtitle track therefore it is up to you to determine which track in fact actually has the embedded forced subtitles and select it and show only forced subs.

Example 2; Some titles have forced subtitles but they derive from a completely separate track on there own holding nothing but the forced subs and nothing else so by selecting "Only Forced Subs" will actually NOT render the forced subs into your movie/show. It is once again up to you to determine which one it is and select that subtitle track and to NOT select "Only Forced Subs" otherwise it will not render into your movie/show.

You'll need to use something like DVDFab Passkey to unencrypt the movie outside of DVDFab and use third party software to determine which kind of forced subs that movie/show has.

Hope this helps shed some light on things.

Comment

Originally posted by AcIDc0r3 View Post
      You'll need to use something like DVDFab Passkey to unencrypt the movie outside of DVDFab and use third party software to determine which kind of forced subs that movie/show has.
      OR, you rip all subs and remux the tracks with MKVToolnix.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
      MultiShrink
      : DVD Shrink batch processing
      Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Originally posted by AcIDc0r3 View Post
        Some titles state that they have "Forced Subtitles" yet in actuality they are in fact a separate track all on their own.

For example; A true Forced Subtitle track will be embedded within another subtitle track therefore it is up to you to determine which track in fact actually has the embedded forced subtitles and select it and show only forced subs.

Example 2; Some titles have forced subtitles but they derive from a completely separate track on there own holding nothing but the forced subs and nothing else so by selecting "Only Forced Subs" will actually NOT render the forced subs into your movie/show. It is once again up to you to determine which one it is and select that subtitle track and to NOT select "Only Forced Subs" otherwise it will not render into your movie/show.

Hope this helps shed some light on things.
        What's the best software to use to analyze the subtitles? I have many movies I am in the progress of ripping to MKV format (previously just copied to my HDD via AnyDVD). Some of the movies I haven't even watched yet so I don't know if they are supposed to have subs. Is there a utility I can use on each movie that will tell me?

Comment

Finding Forced Subtitles with a third party softwares

I use BDtoAVCHD (freeware) but you will still need DvdFab Passkey to decrypt. After the movie loads select scan (and wait a bit) you will see any streams for that title. Subtitles are PGS (in you preffered language). If present forced subtitles will be stated as either embedded or separate track. When saving as a folder or an ISO Separate tracks can be simply remuxed with tsMuxerGUI (freeware), be sure to rename the language. For embedded subtitles mux out that stream (tsMuxerGUI) and load it in bdsup2sub (freeware, there is now a non Java version) select "keep", select output "SUP(BD)", Select file/Export only forced. Now you can remux this export with (tsMuxerGUI) like any other PGS subtitle, after loading in tsMuxerGUI be sure to rename the language and deselect any unwanted streams, you can also change the positions. NOTE: that in newer versions of tsMuxerGUI you will want to also select "Do not change SEI and VUI data". To load simply drag and drop the playlist found by passkey to the top window.
          Last edited by ScorpionStingz; 03-06-2016, 07:39 PM. Reason: spellcheck

Comment

Originally posted by ScorpionStingz View Post
            I use BDtoAVCHD (freeware) but you will still need DvdFab Passkey to decrypt. After the movie loads select scan (and wait a bit) you will see any streams for that title. Subtitles are PGS (in you preffered language). If present forced subtitles will be stated as either embedded or separate track. Separate tracks can be simply remuxed with tsMuxerGUI (freeware), be sure so rename the language. For embedded subtitles mux out that stream (tsMuxerGUI) and load it in bdsup2sub (freeware, there is now a non Java version) select "keep", select output "SUP(BD)", Select file/Export only forced. Now you can remux this export with (tsMuxerGUI) like any other PGS subtitle, after loading in tsMuxerGUI be sure so rename the language and deselect any unwanted streams, you can also change the positions. NOTE: that in newer versions of tsMuxerGUI you will want to also select "Do not change SEI and VUI data". To load simply drag and drop the playlist found by passkey to the top window.
            Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I was able to use BDtoAVCHD as you suggested to analyze the subtitle tracks. I found using the "Scan Bitrates" function seems to give me the info I need.

I'm using BD Ripper in DVDFab with the MKV Passthrough profile and remuxing the PGS subtitles back in.

From what I can tell from BDtoAVCHD, if it says "(forced track)" then I take that whole subtitle track "normal and forced" in DVDFab, and if it says "(## forced)" then I take that subtitle track and select "forced only" in DVDFab.
            Last edited by rytomi; 03-06-2016, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Works like a charm

You are correct. You are welcome and good luck!

Comment

After I thought more about it...

Now I think that a separate forced subtitle track should be selected just like selecting any regular PGS. Normal and forced selection is for embedded only keeping both flagged forced and unflagged. Forced only selection keeps the flagged on portion only.
                Last edited by ScorpionStingz; 03-06-2016, 08:44 PM. Reason: corrections

Comment

I've been playing around with it, and it seems "Normal and Forced" and not selecting any forced option at all seems to give the same results.

Comment

#rytomi I use THIS document for a lot of references as to what titles do and do not have forced subs, what the first place that has spoken forced subs, what subtitle track has the forced subs or whether it's a separate subtitle.

I also check Subscene and see if there are any with just forced subs, if so I find my format and just download it and 99% of the time it will match up to the movie. In most cases they are .srt files and I always go in using software that's called Subtitle Edit and check the spelling and fix any OCR issues.

If in a last ditch effort and I know the title has a subtitle track with hidden subs and for the life of me I just can't split it or use it, I'll use a software called Ripbot264 and let it remux the video and it has code in it that will split the forced subs out of the subtitle file and create it's own forced .sup file for you. I turn around and throw it in Subtitle Edit and check if there are any OCR errors and then save it as a .srt file and insert it into my movie in DVDFab Ripper. ...and there you have it.

Comment

Working...
                    X