Cuda Support for H265 and EVGA 970

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Cuda Support for H265 and EVGA 970

I have read several things about DVDFab not using Cuda when using an EVGA 970 card. What I read however seemed to be old so I am wondering if DVDFab will now support Cuda and H265 with the 970 or 980 cards. I am looking at getting a card but don't want to spend the money if it will not work in Fab.

If I understood correctly...

The GTX970/980 will hardware encode h265, but not decode. This is due to hardware, not software. The GPU chip on the 960 does hardware encode and decode.

As long as your source material isn't h265 you wont notice.

Comment

Thank you KidJoe. Do you or does anyone know when encode/decode will be available?

Comment

You'll get both on a GTX960 card now.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes but GTX960 cards aren't as fast as the GTX970.

Comment

Dumb move by nvidia, but it is what it is. I have a GTX980 and encode a BR to H265 in 8-10 minutes. I don't decode H265 source so no big deal.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks much. This is good information. I am thinking hard about getting a new card but didn't want to pay what they are asking then find out it wouldn't do me any good anyway.
              I like you don't decode H265. At least nothing big. I am some what new at this so not really sure why anyone would want to decode anything from H265 seeing it is a better quality video. Now I am assuming that the GTX 790 cards will allow me to watch a video that is encoded to H265 right?

Comment

Sure, I watch those I've made without a hitch.I don't notice a big difference in quality of H.265 just a smaller file than say H.264, it's a more efficient codec.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X