High Resolution Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) High Resolution Audio

What am I missing? I am running the Trial version of DVD Fab, and specifically BD-Ripper. I have unchecked the "Remove HD Content" from the Setting Configuration window, I have selected FLAC and the Title / Chapter source which has LPCM 24bit/96kHz 2 channel audio. I have configured the FLAC, however the top Sampling rate is 48kHz, not 96kHz or higher resolution as is typically available on Blu-Ray discs. How can Rip the true LPCM, and even DTS MA 5.1 content for that matter to sampling rates higher than 48kHz? What am I doing wrong? I love the convenience of ripping the audio directly to FLAC, and truly hope this product supports higher sampling rates.

Some background on what you are trying to do would help.

Originally posted by audio-ecstasy View Post
    What am I missing? I am running the Trial version of DVD Fab, and specifically BD-Ripper. I have unchecked the "Remove HD Content" from the Setting Configuration window, I have selected FLAC and the Title / Chapter source which has LPCM 24bit/96kHz 2 channel audio. I have configured the FLAC, however the top Sampling rate is 48kHz, not 96kHz or higher resolution as is typically available on Blu-Ray discs. How can Rip the true LPCM, and even DTS MA 5.1 content for that matter to sampling rates higher than 48kHz? What am I doing wrong? I love the convenience of ripping the audio directly to FLAC, and truly hope this product supports higher sampling rates.
    What are you actually trying to accomplish here? For stuff where I want to playback a move with max audio resolution, I always just pass through the audio track to my MKV file and then let my receiver decode it. So, a disc with a DTS-MA audio track ends up as an MKV with the same audio track. I've also converted these sound tracks into full fidelity multi-channel FLAC, but not
    using DVDfab.

Comment

Just seeking Audio not Video

I am not ripping movies. I have zero interest in the Video portion. These Blu-rays contain music audio, often in 24 /96 or 24 /192, usually in DTS MA, but also can be LPCM. Stereo and 5.1 - but right now I am focused on the stereo tracks. I want to rip these audio tracks to FLAC, but it seems that DVD Fab is not fab, as it down samples to 48kHz. While I was able to extract from the MKV, I would need to manually split each chapter (track), which I simply don't have time for. i am seeking an automated system, like DVD Fab does with exporting to FLAC, but I need the lossless file, not a down sampled file. I am using Windows 10, if you can say what the other software is that may be helpful too, but I prefer the solution to be within DVD Fab!

Comment

Originally posted by audio-ecstasy View Post
        I am not ripping movies. I have zero interest in the Video portion. These Blu-rays contain music audio, often in 24 /96 or 24 /192, usually in DTS MA, but also can be LPCM. Stereo and 5.1 - but right now I am focused on the stereo tracks. I want to rip these audio tracks to FLAC, but it seems that DVD Fab is not fab, as it down samples to 48kHz. While I was able to extract from the MKV, I would need to manually split each chapter (track), which I simply don't have time for. i am seeking an automated system, like DVD Fab does with exporting to FLAC, but I need the lossless file, not a down sampled file. I am using Windows 10, if you can say what the other software is that may be helpful too, but I prefer the solution to be within DVD Fab!
        I'm not sure if this is place for this discussion, but if you want to take it offline, then PM your email address.

Comment

Working...
        X