Crash when ripping Friends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Crash when ripping Friends

New to this forum, but have enjoyed using DVDFab for a few years backing up copies of my blu-rays to my media server. I’ve been having a problem when trying to rip “Friends Season 7, Disc 2” to AVCHD. DVDFab keeps crashing when trying to open the disc.

I am running Window 7 Professional 64-bit, using DVDFab 9242, and have tried it on 2 different blu ray readers (HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH10L BC2A (Ide) and HL-DT-ST BD-RE BE14NU40 1.00 (Usb)).

There are 2 discs per season, and all 19 other discs have ripped perfectly. I bought this complete 10 season set less than 2 weeks ago, and looking REALLY closely at the disc surface, I think there might be a tiny scratch, but don’t know if that might be the cause for the failure. The disc does open and play in a regular blu-ray player, but just won’t open in DVDFab. I’ve attached a copy of the log.

Does this look like a read failure caused by a disc flaw (in which case I could ask Amazon for replacement), or a problem with the disc’s files (in which case replacement may have same problem)? Thanks in advance for any insight or advice.
    Attached Files

I am starting to think that the crash when trying to rip Friends Season 7 Disc 2 is from a file error rather than read failure from a scratch. I was able to successfully create a disc image of the disc with Nero without any errors. Using this image, I tried using DVDFab to rip the Season 7 episodes, but came up with the same errors. The log of this attempt is pretty much identical to that of the one with the physical disc. In particular, I'm seeing the following lines:

1m 10.50s: stream(27,2,3)/clip(27,2,1) infos are not the same, using clip info to regulate it.

1m 11.22s: Work manager: create Converter work 0 with source 0 and uiinfo 0( title 51 ).
    1m 12.02s: terminate process

Anyone have thoughts one whether there is some setting I could use to override a "stream clip info not the same" problem? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X