Changing bitrate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing bitrate

Recently the DVD's I copy are being copied at a Video Bitrate of 100kbps. When I try to watch them over my home network using my Roku over Wi-Fi, they are VERY pixelated and are hardly watchable. I have looked all over the settings menus to see what I can change to increase the bitrate, but can't find anything. What can I do? Perhaps it's not the bitrate, but I have other movies that display excellent video and the bitrate is the only differentiates the movies when I look at the "Properties" in Windows Explorer. Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

I moved this thread to the ripper forum. Slide the bits/pixel up to about .25
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

So, DVD Copy doesn't allow you to adjust bits/pixel? I want to copy whole DVD's and usually use DVD Copy. So to do this would I copy the DVD, then rip the video files from the disc to VOB files, and replace the "copied" DVD files? There must be a more efficient way....

Comment

Originally posted by ntwrenn View Post
          So, DVD Copy doesn't allow you to adjust bits/pixel? I want to copy whole DVD's and usually use DVD Copy. So to do this would I copy the DVD, then rip the video files from the disc to VOB files, and replace the "copied" DVD files? There must be a more efficient way....
          The copy function does what is says, i.e. a bit for bit copy. If you want to compress then you have to process the video and that's best done by the ripping function. Personally, I tip everything to MKV format.

Comment

Working...
          X