This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Files for WDTV & PS3?

What would be the best profile(s) to rip a movie to for playback on both a WDTV & PS3?

WDTV connected to Samsung LN46A750 46 inch Series 7 LCD 1080p HDTV (120Hz)

PS3 connected to VIZIO 37" VL370M HDTV?

As most people, Im having a lot of A/V sync issues, which is very annoying. I have read the best practices thread and will do more testing tonight. But overall, what format/container/etc would be best for ripping movies for playback on a the devices/TVs listed above?

Lastly, any advice for A/V sync issues or best formats for ripping? Any adivice is appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by Orlandoech; 01-26-2010, 03:30 PM.
    PC:
    eVGA 750i FTW SLI Mobo
    eVGA 9800GTX+
    Intel Q9550 @ 3.3ghz
    Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer
    OCZ Gold 8GB DDR2-800
    OCZ 2 x Vertex 60GB SSD (RAID0) - OS
    WD 2 x 500GB HDDs - Storage
    WD 640GB External HDD - Movies
    Dell U2410 24" IPS-Panel Monitor
    Logitech Z5300 THX Speakers
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64

TVs:
    WD HDTV w/ Samsung LN46A750 HDTV
    PS3 w/ Samsung LN37B530 HDTV w/ VIZIO HD SoundBar

I have the WD TV Live (latest version). I tried numerous formats and they all work perfectly. This includes XviD, MP4, WMV, h264 and ISO (Mainmovie only). I did not notice much of a difference. I have several players and the common format for all is XviD so I use XviD. I did not see any AV sync problems.

I do not have a PS3.

Comment

Sync issues are a problem created during encoding. Make sure you are using the latest beta version of DVDFab and try again.

Other than the sync issue, the PS3 and WDTV have similar enough playback support that you should just let your eyes tell you which file format (and more importantly what bitrate) works best for you. It also depends on the what audio setup you have. If one of your players has 5.1 audio or better then you would benefit from using a profile with audiocopy.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
        Sync issues are a problem created during encoding. Make sure you are using the latest beta version of DVDFab and try again.

Other than the sync issue, the PS3 and WDTV have similar enough playback support that you should just let your eyes tell you which file format (and more importantly what bitrate) works best for you. It also depends on the what audio setup you have. If one of your players has 5.1 audio or better then you would benefit from using a profile with audiocopy.
        So I did upgrade to the latest BETA version insanley horrible A/V sync issues in a lot of Disney movies, especially THE INCREDLIBLES.

I tried every profile, AVI (xvid, divx, h264), MP4, MKV, etc all had A/V Sync issues, only the VOB did NOT but the file sizes are too big for my liking since my movies drive is only 640GB. I tried 1 and 2 pass. I tried copying the movie to HDD first, then to AVI. Nothing I did seem to work.

Any suggestions?
        PC:
        eVGA 750i FTW SLI Mobo
        eVGA 9800GTX+
        Intel Q9550 @ 3.3ghz
        Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer
        OCZ Gold 8GB DDR2-800
        OCZ 2 x Vertex 60GB SSD (RAID0) - OS
        WD 2 x 500GB HDDs - Storage
        WD 640GB External HDD - Movies
        Dell U2410 24" IPS-Panel Monitor
        Logitech Z5300 THX Speakers
        Windows 7 Ultimate x64

TVs:
        WD HDTV w/ Samsung LN46A750 HDTV
        PS3 w/ Samsung LN37B530 HDTV w/ VIZIO HD SoundBar

Comment

Ouch... well, I don't have a fix for you but there is a sticky thread in the forums where you can report the sync issue. I'd stick to VOB until the sync issues are fixed.

Comment

I have used the attached profile to convert over a 100 movies and watched over 30 of them on different players including VLC, TVIX Box, WD TV Live and a Samsung TV. I have yet to see an audio sync problem.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X