Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) The 5th Element - Ripped file is too long

Hello.

At the moment I'm busy with the 5th Element bluray. Since I'm also interested in the bonus material from my discs, I identified the proper playlists of the bonus material by using the DVDFab media player. Then I chose those playlists in the DVDFab BD ripper and started the job by using MKV Passthrough.

Some of the MKV files are OK. Some other are showing a way to long video. And all the same video.

I checked those playlists which results in those too long MKV videos by using BDInfo. There are 12 playlists adressing one and the same transport stream but with variable runtime. As a further step I checked those playlist with BDEdit. There I get the following result:

a) Playlist 00511.mpls addresses transport stream 00017.m2ts with a length of 00:23:04.480, an IN time of 00:00:11.650 and an OUT time of 00:23:16.130.

b) The next playlist 00512.mpls addresses also transport stream 00017.m2ts with a length of 00:22:16.560, an IN time of 00:23:16.130 and an OUT time of 00:45:32.690

c) The third playlist 00513.mpls addresses again transport stream 00017.m2ts with a length of 00:24:48.280, an IN time of 00:45:32.690 and an OUT time of 01:10:20.970

d) ...and so on

All of this playlists addresses the same transport stream but with an different IN/OUT time and length - namely only different parts of that transport stream.

The BD rippers provides for every of those playlist the same video, containing the complete content of the transport stream 00017.m2ts in contrast to the length and IN/OUT times values from the playlist.

In addition to that, DVDFabs preview function shows indeed the correct length of the chosen playlist but will start alsways from the very beginning of that playlist regardless of the IN time value.

Thanks for a response in advance.

I don't think anyone can answer this without telling us more info.Are you trying to fit this on a 25 gig disk uncompressed?
    Why not make a full disk with the copy program and you will get all the extra's and can compress it to a 25 gig disk or use a 50 gig disk and make a cloned iso with all the extra's uncompressed.

Comment

Hello and thanks for your response. I don't want to fit anything onto a 25GB disc nor burn it on any other disc.

I use a hardware media player (Fantec 3DAluplay) to watch the ripped material. I store that material on a Synology server as BD ISO (main movie only) and MKV files (bonus material) because that hardware player isn't able to handle BD Menu.

I experienced this problem only with the 5th Element BD from universum film. It's the first BD of many BDs I handled with, which uses this way of playlists.

I copy the original disc as file system using Fab BD Copy without any shrinking. With that copy I run the Fab media player to identify the proper playlists for the main movie and for all usable video content from the bonus material. The BD ISO I create with ClownBD, but that's not the issue. For the bonus material I use Fab BD Ripper with the MKV Passthrough format, i. e. without any shrinking.

In this constellation the above mentioned playlists are causing trouble.

I will illustrate it again:

1. With the Fab Player I open the copied disc from my server.

2. The menu starts, I navigate to the bonus material.

3. I choose "Documentary - The Elements" from the bonus material.

4. The Fab Player shows, that playlist 00513.mpls is running.

5. With this information in mind I start DVDFab and choose BD Copy with the MKV Passthrough format.

6. I open the copied disc from my server.

7. From all offered playlists I choose the playlist 00513.mpls with a runtime of 24min and 48sec.

8. BDInfo says, that playlist 00513.mpls addresses transport stream 00017.m2ts and has a runtime of 24min and 48sec.

9. BDEdit says, that playlist 00513.mpls addresses transport stream 00017.m2ts, has a runtime of 24min and 48sec, starts at timestamp 00:45:32.690 and ends at timestamp 01:10:20.970 in 00017.m2ts.

10. The Fab Preview function plays 24min and 48sec from the very beginning of transport stream 00017.m2ts - i. e. from timestamp 00:00:00.

11. After DVD Fab has finished the job, I get a MKV file, which includes the whole video from the 00017.m2ts file in full splendour - the full 82 minutes and 22 seconds including the desired part between the above mentioned timestamps in item 9.

If I rip all the playlists which addresses transport stream 00017.m2ts, I will always get the whole video from the 00017.m2ts file and not that part of the 00017.m2ts file as defined in the particular playlist. That's the error I'm talking about.

Momentary workaround here is this:

1. I rip the whole video from the 00017.m2ts file in full splendour into BD file system using ClownBD.

2. I identify the correct start and stop time stamps from the particular playlist with BDEdit.

3. With the ripped whole video and the time stamp information I use BD Ripper with the MKV Passthrough format with the time stamp information to trim the output result.

That's very cumbersome.

Comment

If that's the only movie you have trouble with and you have a workaround why bother.Also you can get a better media player that plays menus.Have you tried Fabs media player a software player solution?

Comment

Well, from here it looks like a malfunction in the BD Ripper and I want to report this bug.

When it comes to a hardware player, I'm not willling to tinker with e. g. Kodi/XMBC and e. g. android media players - there is too much DIY for me.

I usually use Fab media player to identify the correct playlists. But not all BDs will play. OK, most of the work but some get stuck from the beginning. Some other will only show the main movie. But when you switch from video to video too often, the Fab player freezes and has to be restarted. Watching the main movie would be OK, but watching serveral videos from the bonus material without a freezing player is not possible. And when one clicks something from the non video stuff, the player often crashes.

Besides that I'm not comfortable with a Laptop/PC, a software media player and possibly with merely a suboptimal remote control.

All things considered, I do not want to circle round that bug by changing half my hard- and software. I'm going to circle round that bug with my workaround, and I will survive it - even if it's cumbersome. But by reporting such bug here, the folks from DVDFab will have the chance to improve their software.

Comment

Working...
          X