X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing a custom profile?

Hi Everyone,

How do you completely remove a "custom profile" from DVDFab's list of conversion options.

I created two custom "DVD to Mobile" profiles and I'd like to keep one and discard the other. However every time I think that the unwanted profile is history, it keeps showing up in the list of available options. (It is kind of like a dead link within Fab's UI. It's listed there among the available options, but it does not function.)

This is happening despite the fact that I deleted the profile in DVDFab Profile Editor and is no longer listed there, and have also checked that the corresponding .xml file was deleted from DVDFab's "Profile" folder. (The thing just doesn't want to go away!)

Any help on this would be really appreciated!

Cheers,

Organdude

Did you restart DVDFab. I think it reads the list on startup.

Comment

Profiles REMOVED!

Restarting did not work, nor did DVDFab’s standard built-in uninstaller.

Instead I started from scratch by doing a “clean uninstall” using Revo Unistaller in “Advanced mode” which thoroughly scanned and removed all traces of the old installation from both the computer and more importantly the registry.

Afterwards, dropping the .xml file into Fab’s Profiles folder restored the one custom profile that I wanted.

Comment

Working...
      X