Ripper stops with error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Ripper stops with error

I am getting the following error when trying to rip Captain America Civil War:

error: read data sync error

It happens at different locations on different rips. Log attached.
    Attached Files

Try updating the firmware on your computer's bluray/dvd drive

Comment

Your drives firmware is a full 7 versions out of date surprised it works at all on newer disks update it here http://drivers.awdit.com/ht-lg/hl-dt-st-bddvdrw-ct30n/

I had no trouble converting the 3d version of this disk at all with the same version of Fab you used did mine yesterday.

Comment

Which Driver?

The website you provided lists 9 different drivers for the drive (see attached file). The listing provides no dates. The naming nomenclature is unclear so it is not obvious which is the latest version. Two different driver analysis programs don't even recognize the driver as being out of date (it's the generic Microsoft driver) and I cannot find a Hitachi company website with an official driver update. I prefer not to experiment when it comes to updating drivers. Can you provide any further information as to the most recent driver and its authenticity?
        Attached Files

Comment

Plus...

Clicking into the nine entries comes up with no drivers for any of them. I'm stuck...

Comment

Try here - http://en.community.dell.com/support...534/t/19473963

Comment

Still stuck...

That's for XP, Vista and Windows 7 on Dell's. I'm on Windows 10 64-bit, Lenovo...

Comment

Download the latest drivers for your HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CT30N to keep your Computer up-to-date.

Comment

Question for 3dman7...

How do you know my driver is 7 versions out of date? The driver my system is using is the generic Microsoft driver. What version do you see I am running from the log, what is the latest version number and where is it? I can't find updated drivers anywhere...

Comment

This is the driver update tool to find correct driver windows 10 is listed
                    Driver Toolkit is an all-in-one driver management solution.

Comment

Your running the very first version of the firmware that came with the drive
                      WX02 The drive maker put out 7 updates to the version your running the updates are always their for a important reason updating dvd and blank blu ray brands it can burn and speeds it can burn them at as well as bug fixes and improved burning reading and writing to hard drive.Also can read newer blu rays better these are some of the things updates bring their are others.

Comment

Driverscape/drivertoolkit...

This "product" gets terrible reviews and requires spending a minimum of $30 to do the download. If someone wants to download it for me and pass it on I might consider installing it after a full virus scan. These software driver update utilities are generally bad news.

Comment

Did you try lenovo - http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds014123

Comment

You know drives are cheap why not just replace it if it's that old?
                            The driver versions were listed in the sight that I posted first that you couldn't click on and sorry I didn't know that was a pay program in the last link if you are having trouble finding updates it's because the drive is no longer supported best to get a new one or at least try it if it don't cure your problem bring it back to the store.I am thinking best buy for a quick try it out and see if its the drive.If its that old the driver may be for other windows versions not windows 10 that's my thinking on this.My solution doesn't cost you anything use a credit card if it don't solve the problem bring it back.

Comment

Final update...

Lenovo site has no updated drivers.

Solution was to reduce processor affinity to 6 cores on the assumption that doing less work would let the drive keep up with the demand. It worked.

Comment

Working...
                              X