Dolby TrueHD/7.1 Atmos Stuttering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Dolby TrueHD/7.1 Atmos Stuttering

I've noticed that MKV rips that preserve the TrueHD/7.1 Atmos sound track have some stuttering on playback though my HDMI connected Onkyo receiver that supports TrueHD/Atmos. The media player I'm using is the latest version of Kodi on Windows 10. Has anybody else noticed this, I'm not sure whether it's a problem on playback or that something not quite right is happening in the MKV rip process.

I've noticed this recently on the the Season 5 rip of Game Of Thrones and on the new Star Trek movie which both feature ATMOS sound tracks.

Please post the dvdfab internal log files.
    Did you try disabling your gpu codecs and switching
    Everything to software

Comment

Test it by using the free version of Fab media player if it works then it's not Fab also check your hdmi wire must be hi speed also check the ends of wires they come loose sometimes switch wires if you have others.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
        Test it by using the free version of Fab media player if it works then it's not Fab also check your hdmi wire must be hi speed also check the ends of wires they come loose sometimes switch wires if you have others.
        Hmm, that may be worth trying, I hadn't thought about the HDMI cable being the problem, it is an old cable and probably not the latest spec.

Comment

Nik:Try the Fab media player first that's a no cost thing to try unless you have cables they should say hi speed on them.

Comment

Does FAB media player support HDMI passthru?

Nik:Try the Fab media player first that's a no cost thing to try unless you have cables they should say hi speed on them.
            Never use the Fab player, does support passthru of the audio track to a HDMI connected receiver?

Comment

Here - http://www.dvdfab.cn/media-player.htm

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
                I don't see any mention of HDMI passthru there

Comment

I use the same brand receiver and go from computer HDMI to receiver HDMI then to projector HDMI so the receiver gets ATMOS and Fab player plays it fine.Set Fab player to output HDMI and your good to go.

Comment

FabMedia Player doesn't list HDMI output

Tried to see if Fabmedia player would work, but it only detects SP/DIF output, not HDMI or Dolby TruHD support, so I can't check whether it plays this back correctly.

PS I've tried replacing the HDMI cable and that didn't fix it.

Comment

NIK:Adjust Fab media player when receiver is on as Fab looses setting for hdmi when receiver is off (maybe by design),Set as you see in my screen shot then try again please.

Wilson:Can you or other staff check why this happens when receiver is off Fab media player will change from HDMI set in settings to something else (in my case to tiger jet internet phone Magic jack)but once receiver is turned back on the settings go back to HDMI.
                      Also theirs no Cuda setting just software and DivX for the Fab media player older versions had Cuda as a choice.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by 3dman; 11-11-2016, 07:15 PM.

Comment

NIK;are you sure Kodi can do ATMOS it may need a codex add on.
                        Are you streaming it?
                        If you play it on Fab media player direct and it plays well then you will know.
                        Even VLC player doesn't do ATMOS.

Comment

NIK;are you sure Kodi can do ATMOS it may need a codex add on.
                          Are you streaming it?
                          If you play it on Fab media player direct and it plays well then you will know.
                          Even VLC player doesn't do ATMOS.
                          All my rips are with the soundttrack untouched and streamed via HDMI to the reciever, so there is no codec issue. I've tried restarting Media player and I cant get it to allow HDMI passthru, maybe that's a paid feature

Comment

Try this - http://kodi.wiki/view/windows_audio
                            Last edited by october262; 11-11-2016, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Looks like it is a Kodi issue

I've just used MPC-HC as the player (configured for HDMI passthru using the LAV splitter) and it plays back properly, so it looks like it's a MKV splitter issue with Kodi.

Comment

Working...
                              X