Expand Resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Expand Resolution

I've had DVDFAb for a few years now but haven't used in the last year or so. When ripping DVDs, I used to be able to increase the size of the resulting video file (1024x786, 1024x436, etc.), but now the only drop downs that are offered is 640x480 and smaller. Why can't we scale up these videos anymore?

Most people want to use their small devices and downscale.Up-scaling in software will give a bigger file but not with more picture information that was in the dvd itself.You can increase the bit rate and bits per pixel for a larger file in all Fab versions but that doesn't make a standard dvd look better because theirs only so much picture info. to work with.

Only using very expensive hardware equipment can you get better looking video like some tv stations can up-convert standard def. TV signals to look good on hi def sets when used with very expensive equipment the standard video will look good and not soft and fuzzy like standard video looks on hi def. TV's.

With this said I can't answer your question fully but like I said the picture information stays the same as whats on the dvd you can't get hi def. from standard dvd better to get the blu ray or now 4k disk it does have the better picture and more on the disks themselves and better color info. on 4k disks and better soundtracks.

Comment

Working...
    X