v10.0.1.1 2 pass H265 not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper v10.0.1.1 2 pass H265 not working

H265 either MKV or MP4 as soon as 2 pass is enabled results in a successful completion green tick after about 4 seconds of rendering. No video is rendered.

Norm62:I just tried it for Mkv 2 pass and it worked fine.It will ask you to turn off cuda or quick sync you should answer yes then the 1st pass will use cuda or quick sync and the second pass uses all software.

If you did so post your Fab internal log file for this conversion.

Comment

connect filter failed

connect filter failed error in log attached. Also a screenshot of the settings. Only two pass not working single works fine.
      Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Forgot to add v9.3.2.1 is working perfectly.
        Norm

Comment

Similar problems.

I have a similar outcome although I don't seem to have the same error. Full Internal log attached. Trying to rip down a series DVD(The Lone Gunmen) to watch on my commute.

Version 10 seems to run through successfully to completion without issue and I don't see anything odd along the way. But the created folder is just empty when it finishes.

I'm trying v10 as 9.3.2.1 now simple fails to copy a series disk. V9 fails after 50% for each episode. However happy to move forward with V10.0.1.1, it looks better.

ASk if more info is needed.

3m 33.32s: UILog:MsgWork:WorkStatus_Start
          0m 15.03s: info: ex process path= C:/Program Files (x86)/DVDFab 10/x64/fabcore_x64.exe
          0m 15.35s: info: h265_encode: encode param profile(1) level(31) bitrate(1475) crf(-1)
          0m 15.44s: info: connect to sub render filter success.
          148m 42.32s: info: demux eof= 1, m_sequences= 35279, read_count= 0
          148m 43.41s: info: audio_decode finish job
          149m 17.59s: info: h265_encode: encode param profile(1) level(31) bitrate(1475) crf(-1)
          149m 20.99s: info: connect to sub render filter success.
          152m 41.40s: ------------------ convert work finished ------------------
          152m 42.49s: UILog:MsgWork:current work finish : 3
          152m 46.14s: UILog:Run Work to end.
          152m 46.30s: DriveX msg: remove media in driveX D.
          152m 48.41s: Exit process: stop running.
          152m 48.58s: Exit process: preview pfn_releaseplayer end
          152m 48.70s: Exit process: preview pfn_deinit end
          152m 48.82s: Exit process: preview FreeLibrary end
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Did you have try one pass?

I also tried to convert BD/DVD to MP4 265 and convert well.

Thanks!

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I will try....

Thanks.

I'm just installing the v10.0.1.2 latest release and then will try on single pass.

I will be back to you in an a few hours.

Comment

... fails after 5-10 seconds.

OK that was quick.

I upgraded to 10.0.1.2 and ran a rip in single pass mode.

It finished after a few seconds and ejected the disc. Nothing was created.

I have gone back to two-pass which is running but I expect the same "empty" behaviour.

Log attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

two pass still fails.

as predicted it runs and does generate a file.

Anything else I can provide for the debugging ?

Just goign to try a disc I have successful ripped before with V9 in v10.
                  Attached Files

Comment

1m 09.18s: Source Video Size Original : 720 x 405
                    1m 09.18s: Source Video Size Display : 1024 x 576

Try converting close to original disk size let the display device do any up converting you can't get better video than whats on the disk.

Comment

Also update your firmware on your Pioneer blu ray drive your using old firmware update here http://www.firmwarehq.com/Pioneer/BDR-208D/files.html

This is the change log for the updates you been missing so everyone can see the importance of updating the firmware on all drives they own.
                      BDR-208D 1.10 is your current firmware
                      BDR-208DBK
                      ver. change point
                      1.50 Support New BD-R SL media(4x Writing : Millenniata)
                      Improvement of the operational stability
                      Improvement of the recording quality with BD-R/RE
                      BD Playability Improvement
                      1.40 Support New BD-R media(6x Writing : Ritek)
                      Improvement of the recording quality with DVD+RW
                      Improvement of the recording quality with DVD-RW
                      CD-RW operation is improved on the specific application.

Now do you see the importance of updating firmware even the cheapest disks you can buy Ritek are supported at full 6x speed this is why most drives can't burn these disks the old firmware can't do 6x speed and will error out and look at all the other drive improvements these make a big difference and everyone should learn to check their firmware for updates to their drives from the drives web page or the trusted link I provided.When taking a new update don't do anything else on the computer at the same time don't ever stop a update or loose power while updating as YOU CAN LOOSE THE DRIVE THIS WAY.

Comment

Video size...

this has never been an issue before but I will give it a go after the latest try with the previous series I know works.

Comment

Version 10 uses a all new drive engine their may still be kinks in it if you change the resolution and it works then we will know but your drives firmware is out of date so that also can make a difference.

Comment

Still same behaviour

I recorded the first "inspector Morse" episode (2 on each disc) and it was fine. I did notice that a file was there at the start of the second pass with Morse but not with "Lone Gunman" so perhaps that is the issue not the second pass.

Retried a "Lone Gunman" episode (5 on disc) to see if it is the number of series on each disc. Same no file generated issue even with "default" settings.

I have checked the drivers (Asus which I'm using) is out the packaging yesterday and windows says both are fine. I will pull the drivers and firmware from manufacturers website, but it is just reading at the moment. I swapped out the drive with a new ASUS model in case the drive itself was at fault.

Since it records some I'm more inclined to think it is fault in the software or the disks them selves. Plus recordings fail in both drives in the same manner. I have attached the accumulative log.

Trying a "Eureka" disc now as it has 5 episodes on a disc... to see if i get the same behaviour, even though I'm only recording the first from it. Using default screen size at this point again.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by ToxicStar; 11-29-2016, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Try turning path player off in fab settings for dvds and see if the number of episodes is the same and if it will work turn back on when done.

Comment

Working...
                              X