Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rip stops at 50% on 2pass avi (both v9 & v10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Rip stops at 50% on 2pass avi (both v9 & v10)

Okay this has been going on for a while now, with multiple discs
    The latest Issue is with Arrow S04 DVD
    I can copy Disc to HD
    I can then copy MainMovie episodes to separate folders
    I then go to rip these folders are both versions stop at 50% though v10 then continues reposts success but just leaves an unplayable stub (circa 10kB)

I have a sneaking suspicion that the issue may actually be with the copy ... but no evidence to support

Information :
    Original Source DVD Region 2 Arrow Season 4
    SOURCE FILE TYPE: VOB
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: MPEG
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: 1024x576
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: AC-3/5.1
    DVDFab VERSION: 9.3.2.1 and 10.0.1.4
    Output Framerate: 25 (same as source)
    DVDFab PROFILE: default.avi.xvid
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION: 640x360
    OUTPUT CROP: Auto
    OUTPUT BITRATE: 1152
    OUTPUT PASSES: 2
    Codec: XVID
    High Quality Encoding
    Video Quality: Customised
    Bits/pixel: 0.2
    Output Audio: MP3 48kHz 128kbps

Mutt
    Mutt ... All-In-One Lifetime Member

.. may be the same issue I had with text

take a look at post "v10.0.1.1 2 pass H265 not working"

Comment

please try 10014 and tell me the result, thanks.

And post the new log file if still have the same problem.

Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

rip stops at 50%

@Toxic, yeah I read your post and it seemed to be related, but you didn't seem to have the 50% halt, i.e. it stopped for me at first pass. Though it did work at just single pass. BUT Poorer quality output that way.
        I Usually have to try a MKV passthrough and then transcode (convert) from that (it's a ball ache though, with all those steps)

@Wilson, okay I shall upload the log files when I next get the chance. If you read my post I had tried version 10.0.1.4 with the result that it said sucess but actually failed big time. Did you not pick up on that ? (read my post lines 5 and 16)

Mutt
        Last edited by Muttley.Drat; 12-10-2016, 02:05 AM. Reason: bad spelling

Comment

... only v9

It was failing at 50% in V9 but not V10. V10 would say success but generate nothing.

The key behaviour for me was no file being generated on a 2-pass rip.

But if you are generating something and don't have the blank character on the end of the title... then yes its not the same issue.

Best of luck.

Comment

rip stops at 50%

@Wilson,
            Okay I started to collect information for this post.
            I used Arrow (2015) Season 4 Disc's 3 & 4 (D3 was for version 9.3.2.1 and D4 for version 10.0.1.4).
            I emptied the log folders for both versions
            I was going to split the replies to two posts for the separate versions but ... I noticed that you have done another release - 10.0.1.5 - This seems to have fixed the problem, so can you look at those changes for vesion 9 please ?
            So version 9.3.2.1 :-
            1. I copied the full Disc to Hard Disk
            2. I then copied mainmovie from the full folder
            3. I then did a 2pass avi rip as previously stated
            4. At 50% complete it reported 3:55 elapsed, 3:54 remaining
            5. When it showed 12:04 elapsed it was also showing 0:00 remaining but still only 50% complete
            6. I hit the cancel button, confirmed, waited 2 mins and then Windows reported it had crashed
            Log files and avi stub attached

Mutt
            Attached Files

Comment

your log shows you have pathplayer disabled, enable plathplayer
              and try the original store bought disc again.

Comment

rip stops at 50%

@October,
                I'm not sure what you are suggesting is logical.
                Do you imply that the upgrade from 10.0.1.4 to 10.0.1.5 automatically forces pathplayer back on ?
                Hang on let me check ....
                No ... it didn't, so it implies that the actual code for the function has changed between 10.0.1.4 to 10.0.1.5 AND has not in 9.3.2.1 (Alternatively are you suggesting that you think that the function code base is different (not just the GUI) between 9 and 10 ? (Wilson has confirmed there are changes to the code base ! )))
                I attach the logs from version 10 to show what they recorded during a successful rip of the one of the problematic season discs (pathplayer still disabled).
                Believe me, I have played a lot with the settings and generally find that pathplayer is more trouble than it's worth. But I have tried it on these discs to no effect.
                I'll clear the logs and try again later with pathplayer enabled in version 9.
                Mutt
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Muttley.Drat; 12-15-2016, 10:56 AM. Reason: Correction After Reading Another Topic Today

Comment

Rip stops at 50%

This is really irksome...
                  As October suggested, I set pathplayer to enabled (I have done this previously with no effect (but not on version 9.3.2.1), but I wanted to get the logs to show).
                  Anyway this time it performed flawlessly.
                  This is strange though, as version 10 does not need pathplayer enabled to acheive the same end.
                  Oh well, you live and learn and now I know to check and try every setting permutation to try to get an output as I require it. (long winded and time consuming).
                  I shall still be using ver 9 untill they fix the folder naming option (ver 10.0.1.5) on the mainmovie copy (so I can have several episodes from a single DVD disc saved to different folders).
                  Still, I'm not a very happy bunny
                  Mark

Comment

ever get this issue resolved? mine is now also stopping at 50% a lot. fresh windows and dvdfab 10.0.9.5

Comment

Originally posted by hoxlund View Post
                      ever get this issue resolved? mine is now also stopping at 50% a lot. fresh windows and dvdfab 10.0.9.5
                      Hi hoxlund,

The thread was about 2 years ago, please start a new thread, post problem and related log files to help better check the problem. Thank you.

Regards,
                      Mona

Comment

Working...
                      X