No announcement yet.

Is it possible to rip 7.1 audio to mkv?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Is it possible to rip 7.1 audio to mkv?

I've tried several movies with both 9321 and 10016 ripping them to mkv with "Copy Audio" checked which was the 7.1 track on these movies. Every mkv resulted in audio that was inconsistent like you were pressing mute over and over again. The audio would simply come and go. When I uncheck "Copy Audio" and downgrade it to 5.1 they all play OK.

Is Fab not able to rip a 7.1 audio track to mkv yet? Thx.

Use "MKV Pass Through" mode. Works for everything including Atmos and DTS-X.

Comment

OK thx I'll try that tonight. I was just using MKV not MKV Pass-Through.

Comment

Unfortunately that didn't work. The sound still constantly cuts in and out unless I downgrade it to 5.1.

Comment

Please post the dvdfab internal log files.
          Also what are you playing these movies on.

Comment

Nevermind it's apparently something with the PC. When I played it on Plex to the TV it worked fine so the file is OK. I probably have to update a driver or something. Thx anyway!

Comment

Were you using Kodi?

I've seen this problem with playback on Kodi 16.x, I found that the DSplayer version of Kodi that uses LAV filters solved the problem for now. I believe this is supposed to be fixed in Kodi 17, but haven't tried it yet.

Comment

I can confirm the Dolby Atmos dropout issue is fixed in the 17.1 Krypton release. I am running the latest release candidate and the dropouts are gone.

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by jbinkley60 View Post
                  I can confirm the Dolby Atmos dropout issue is fixed in the 17.1 Krypton release. I am running the latest release candidate and the dropouts are gone.
                  Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                  X