7.1 TrueHD in MP4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) 7.1 TrueHD in MP4

Excuse if this is a dumb question. There doesn't appear to be any way to get Dolby TrueHD 7.1 or Atmos audio into an MP4 using any of the relevant ripper profiles, or even in the converter module for that matter. MKV-yes, M2TS-yes, MP4-no. I usually get no audio at all. In Converter I can get the AC3 core sometimes.

Hi,

MP4 format does not support HD audio.

Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I figured as much. Is that a Fab thing or what?

Comment

Originally posted by rdgrimes View Post
        I figured as much. Is that a Fab thing or what?
        Hi rdgrimes
        No, the MP4 container does not support 7.1 TrueHD you can find information here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compar...tainer_formats.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

7.1 with MKV

Wilson, I understand MP4 does not handle Atmos or TrueHD, but what about MKV with a compressed video file. Using passthrough for either MKV or MP4 in DVDfab leaves a huge file. MKV only cuts the file size by about 2, and MP4 is worse.

Not only that but my 4k BD player does not handle TrueHD as a DLNA, so it does not play the audio portion of the movie - only the video. If I switch to KODI as my media server the file being huge overloads the video and streaming part of KODI. It can play the 7.1, but cannot keep up with all that data. (26GB in MKV)

I use a home server to manage all of my movie/video content and love using DVDfab to rip my discs. I now have a very nice Denon Atmos/TrueHD AVR and want to use it for full theater sound. The only way right now is playing the movie BD in my 4k player, which eliminates the beauty of the server.

Comment

Shouldn't be a problem

Originally posted by c5butch View Post
            Wilson, I understand MP4 does not handle Atmos or TrueHD, but what about MKV with a compressed video file. Using passthrough for either MKV or MP4 in DVDfab leaves a huge file. MKV only cuts the file size by about 2, and MP4 is worse.

Not only that but my 4k BD player does not handle TrueHD as a DLNA, so it does not play the audio portion of the movie - only the video. If I switch to KODI as my media server the file being huge overloads the video and streaming part of KODI. It can play the 7.1, but cannot keep up with all that data. (26GB in MKV)

I use a home server to manage all of my movie/video content and love using DVDfab to rip my discs. I now have a very nice Denon Atmos/TrueHD AVR and want to use it for full theater sound. The only way right now is playing the movie BD in my 4k player, which eliminates the beauty of the server.
            A compressed MKV with the TrueHD soundtrack shouldn't be a problem, my MKV rips are typically around 10GB and never have a problem. To be honest I'm suprised you are having trouble with uncompressed rips, what hardware and network connection are you using for Kodi?

Comment

Hi Nik, thanks for the reply. I should have been a little more accurate in my statement. I am looking for 7.1 TrueHD and Atmos rips. My Denon can decode either and I have the setup to do that. I can rip an MKV with compresion, but I cannot get 7.1 with DVDfab. If I do a passthrough in MKV, it yields a huge file with the 7.1 I am looking for. If I do MKV with 265, I get a compressed video but ONLY 5.1 with DVDfab.

The files I am having trouble with are running over my home network with a relatively new Netgear Nighthawk router. The speeds should be good enough, but are never what they say on the box. My internet speeds to that pc (which should be irrelevant for this) are about 70Mb/s. I am running KODI on Windows10, with an Intel i7 quad core, 16GB RAM, etc. I am also using a UHD 4k Samsung BD player that can run as a DLNA. They both have troubles with these ripped files.

Comment

Ripping 7.1

Not sure from your description whether you have a problem ripping a 7.1 track or playing it back. I've had no problem ripping ATMOS or other 7.1 soundtracks, but I did have a problem with stock KODI and playback of TrueHD nd Atmos 7.1 soundtracks where the sound would drop in and out. I've fixed that problem by using the DSplayer version of Kodi which is more flexbile and lets you use the LAV audio splitter rather than the builtin splitter.

Comment

Happy New Year Nik, I have solved my ripping issues and have now moved onto similar issues with KODI. I have KODI on multiple machines and it seems machine dependent. My 7.1 rips play well on 2 Windows PC's and poorly on a 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by c5butch View Post
                    Happy New Year Nik, I have solved my ripping issues and have now moved onto similar issues with KODI. I have KODI on multiple machines and it seems machine dependent. My 7.1 rips play well on 2 Windows PC's and poorly on a 3rd.
                    What sound chips do they use?

Comment

I haven't been able to look yet. I am getting ready for some surgery and will have to let you know in a few days. I do know all 3 pc's run my videos perfectly in PowerDVD16. That's BluRay quality and 7.1 Audio. Even when streaming, as long as the network connection is good.

Comment

Working...
                      X