This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert FLV File

I have been trying to convert an FLV file to play on my Archos 5 Tablet. Everything converts fine when I do ipod, avi, every other format and plays fine on Archos the problem is that I get no sound no matter what I convert it to and get no sound on the computer either. It plays sound when in FLV mode on the computer and plays sound through DVD Fab but after conversion no sound and everything looks like its working. What could I be doing wrong.

This is has been mentioned, although no one has officially responded that they are working on it, so it keeps getting reposted. A problem is definitely there with converting FLV's to ANYTHING and getting no audio.

Same thing with trying to extract ONLY audio from an FLV video (or MP4 YouTube video), the MP3 extracted file is empty and close to 0KB in size. I hope this is fixed, i use this a lot (FLV's) and paid for this software, yet have to resort using Xilosoft Converter to do my business since this doesn't work.

Supporting a main file format, that doesn't convert is a pretty big problem that to me should be somewhere on the top of the list to fix IMHO. I've bought almost everything they made, cause i love the team and support, so i do have the right to be a little irritated about a major function being broken and seeing MORE then months go by without seeing it fixed, and offered more then a few times full support to help troubleshoot things to help them fix it, however i can.
    SVN :

Comment

I don't have an Archos, nor ever used DVDFab to convert Flash video files. However, I just did a test conversion of a FLV file with DVDFab 6.2.1.8's File-to-Mobile using the default settings in the WMV Profile. No problem with audio or video during playback using WMP 12.0.

[Edit] Did another test conversion with another FLV file using the default settings in the AVI Profile. Audio and video from the resulting AVI file did come through with WMP. Video and audio played correctly initially, but they're badly out of sync by the end of the 2:54 clip though. [/Edit]
      Last edited by tli; 01-31-2010, 04:24 AM. Reason: Added another test result.

Comment

Working...
      X