Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS3 video playback MP4 5.1 or AVI 5.1 (?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 video playback MP4 5.1 or AVI 5.1 (?)

Hi,

1st question:

Just did a movie conversion to MP4 with AAC 5.1 channel using DVDFab. The voices come out of the right speaker (center and right seem mixed up). Looks like this is a known issue and will be fixed with the next engine, correct?

2nd question:

Is there another way to make a movie work on the PS3 with 5.1 channel sound that is not MP4? I heard that AVI might work. What settings have people been successful with using AVI w/ 5.1 channel sound on the PS3?

Thanks everyone.

I haven't played with it much recently, but I believe as long as your PS3 is up-to-date on the firmware that you can simply use generic with audiocopy using either XVID or H264 to an AVI. Either option will give you the original DVD sound quality. The PS3 used to require that an AVI containing H264 be remuxed to an M2TS file (and renamed to VOB) but I don't think that is needed anymore.

Comment

What way do you prefer? Does one give a smaller file size than the other?

Cheers

Comment

I don't know Complications thoughts on this but I feel that at the same bitrate, the H264 is far better.

So you can take that 2 ways:-

better quality, same filesize
        same quality, smaller filesize

I generally don't worry too much about filesize as they generally turn out <1.5Gb
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
        X