Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a common MP4 that works on PSP & iPod Touch?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a common MP4 that works on PSP & iPod Touch?

Hi, I have been converting movies for an iTouch using "DVD to Mobile" (DVDFab5 now 6).
    I use the iPod Touch Profile with edited Video settings as follows, 1-pass, 960kbps, 25fps, res - 480 x whatever the closest aspect ratio is. This seems to give me the best video quality with an acceptable file size (keeping it under 1GB for most films).

First question: Can I improve on this, i.e. better or same quality and/or a smaller file size?

Main question: My son has a PSP and cannot play the movies because they obviously have M4V file extensions. Is there a common MP4 file extension that will play on both iPod Touch and PSP? Or do I have to have a double library, one for each player?

Hey Howlindog,

.mp4 videos files for the iPod should be cross compatible with the PSP. Make sure you rip the .mp4 video to a screen resolution (size) that both devices support.

With those iTunes M4V videos, you may run into problems when it comes to PSP playback as they are DRM protected .mp4 video files. (I hate iTunes! )

Cheers,

Organdude

Comment

Hi, nope, none of the iPod profiles work on the PSP.
      I'll check the PSP Firmware, maybe the problem could lie there.
      The PSP .mp4 profile works on both iPod Touch & PSP but it doest have the resolution settings for a correct aspec ratio, so the video quality isnt as good as the iPod Touch setting I use.
      Thanks anyway, an yes, I agree, iTunes sucks.

Comment

Working...
      X