This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rename Files for PSP

I am having an issue with the names of the movies/show episodes changing the way I want them to. I bought a psp for my daughter for x-mas. I have a bunch of dvds of Scooby Doo episodes. Now when I choose "DVD to Mobile" "PSP" option it saves it to my computer in .mp4 (good thing). It playes the movie just fine but I would like to rename the episodes to something more manageable for my daughter to see. It currently shows up as whatever the disc title is (for every epidode on the disc) I have tried changing the file name on the computer before I put it onto the Memory Stick Pro Duo, but when it gets on the PSP it is still has the original disk title name. The same thing happens when I put her epidodes of Hanna Montanna on there (which shows up like "HM_0087_0012") or somthing like that. If I can get some help in this matter that would be great. It shouldnt be that hard, I'm sure I am just overlooking somthing.

You need to edit not only the filename but the title in the settings in each DVD to Mobile job that you set up.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I'm having the same problem when converting episodic DVDs to Divx. I change the file name & title fields for each one, and some of the files retain the new names, and others keep the orgiginal names from the DVD. When I check the conversion settings for the disc afterwards, it still has the file names and titles that I entered. Which is a pain since Windows doesn't let one edit metadata for Divx files.

Comment

Not sure if this helps.

I had a similar problem converting a series to Xvid. I setup the queue, made sure everything was setup right and still ended up with files being overwritten by duplicate file names. Took about an hour to setup. I ended up doing a batch script. Took about 10 minutes to setup. Worked perfectly.

remove .txt
        Attached Files

Comment

You can use ABC AVI Editor though. Free download

Originally posted by Robofudd View Post
          I'm having the same problem when converting episodic DVDs to Divx. I change the file name & title fields for each one, and some of the files retain the new names, and others keep the orgiginal names from the DVD. When I check the conversion settings for the disc afterwards, it still has the file names and titles that I entered. Which is a pain since Windows doesn't let one edit metadata for Divx files.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X