Alien Quadrilogy (Audio Sync)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien Quadrilogy (Audio Sync)

Having some trouble getting these 4 movies to stay in sync. As it seems with most the audio is in sync at the start, then progressively gets worse and worse as the movie goes on.
    I have ripped the DVDs to my HDD first, and loaded them in VLC, and sync problems do not exist in raw DVD files, only the rendered .avi file.
    I've tried both H.264 and Xvid codecs, problem persists. I've tested them out in both in 6.2.1.8 and in the 6.2.2.0 Beta version.

The help is most appreciated ;D.

I have had trouble with a couple dvds only. The problems I had not show up until after halfway through movie.

If you want to try a test. test the first half of the movie only. i.e. convert only half the chapters and name it Half_A. When finished examine begining of movie and see if there are issues. If not examine the end. If there are no issues. Copy the 2nd half the same way. And test the same way.

If no issues exist for each half then use virtualdub or virtualdubmod to combine the two halves into one.

See my post #44 on this thread http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=1087&page=5

Comment

I had to segment it into 3s to keep the audio in sync, I'm assuming I did a step wrong because when I went to save the avi file it turned into a 102 GB file.
      Where did I go wrong?

Edit: Ahh I didn't select a compression format, that might do it o.O
      Last edited by Willyamm; 02-10-2010, 09:25 AM.

Comment

No, don't compress, use direct stream copy so you don't compress etc. Under Audio amd Video menus make sure you have direct stream copy checked.

Pull in the first part. Then under File append segment and specify the second segment you copied. And then again append segment for third.

Save As AVI when finished.
        Last edited by Karloff; 02-10-2010, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Looking more closely at the video the audio is still out of sync when ripped into smaller parts.
          The part I can most notice is when Ash (Ian Holm) gets his head popped off and they put him on the table and talk to him about the Alien (getting the first movie synced right before I move onto the rest).
          Is there anything else I can do? Rip it into smaller sections, I've already tried splitting it down a number of times, sync is still out of go, but the source is 100% dead on.

Comment

Your problem might be improper length of audio.

[Third-Party software instructions removed]
            Last edited by Complication; 02-10-2010, 03:32 PM. Reason: Forum rules violation.

Comment

The audio and video timers do not line up, so they are different. But when I do the suggested fix it only makes the video worse, it de-syncs the entire movie, rather than just part.
              (Which is to be expected since it changes the frame rate)

I tried doing a Chapter split (41 in total), and each of the videos had its own perfect audio sync, but when I put them all together the audio was still off a fair amount, with and without the suggested fix, but better without.

Comment

This thread is now getting into the realm of providing instruction for a non-DVDFab product. Even though you are trying to solve a sync error that DVDFab is having, the forum rules do not allow for this type of discussion. I suggest you communicate via PM and/or try the forums for the third-party software you are trying to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
                  This thread is now getting into the realm of providing instruction for a non-DVDFab product. Even though you are trying to solve a sync error that DVDFab is having, the forum rules do not allow for this type of discussion. I suggest you communicate via PM and/or try the forums for the third-party software you are trying to use.
                  In said case does anyone have a DVDFab only solution, I'm willing to try anything at this point.

Comment

Agreed enough on that other software....

How about the obvious choice of a Vob passtrhough. Use the VOB passthrough.

Benefit: Get the best quality (same as source!!!)
                    Drawback: size (same as source!!!)

Don't know if this is an option for you.

Comment

Going to test a few dvds in my collection to see what I come up with, just to make sure this isn't a hardware issue.

Comment

I just did a test with Alien SE and Aliens SE and had the same issue. I am using DVDFab v7.0.5.5, XviD (AVI), 2000 bit rate and audio sync. Seems this has been an issue for many versions back of DVDFab. Is it not fixable? Something to do with the encoding of the DVDs?

Comment

Woot! Just did a test with new v8 of Aleins and no more audio sync problmes! Thank you DVDFab for resolving this issue.

Comment

I wish my version 8 worked. Still crashes when I hit the start button.

The problem with Alien is that is has branching video. 2 version of the same movie on one file that branches, and this has caused lots of sync issues. I looked at most of the videos I had trouble with A/V sync and most had video branching. I still have a couple that do not have video branching yet still have sync issues. "Training Day" comes to mind.

Comment

Hi All,

Im experiencing the same issue. Just ripped 100's of movies to ISO files, and then have converted them over the past few days to h264 MKV's with audio copy.

Settled down to watch Alien3 last night and when the movie got to about 2/3 of the way through, all the audio was out of sync with the action on the screen.

Now im worried that all my conversions have the same problem, so im going to check a random batch today.

I cannot move to 8.0.05 yet, as the conversion runs at 2fps on my pc, and v7 does a 2 pass 4000kbps movie with audio as source in less than 15 mins.

Any ideas on what could cause the "de sync"??

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X