Ghostbusters (2016) loses out of scene content when ripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghostbusters (2016) loses out of scene content when ripping

The bluray for Ghostbusters 2016 utilizes an interesting effect, picture attached. While the whole of the movie is displayed in wide screen, certain action sequences utilize the black borders above and below the image to take advantage of the FULL screen. Note the ghosts head and hands pop out of the picture. This is not 3D. My question is... how can I "rip" this in context? When I do a rip of the movie it keeps the entire movie inside of the widescreen frame and never protrudes into the black bars. Its like I"m losing a layer. Thanks for any suggestions.

You would have to record the black bars to get the effect so go into fab settings and turn off auto cropping so the black bars are recorded turn it back on when done as it saves space by not recording the black bars.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
      You would have to record the black bars to get the effect so go into fab settings and turn off auto cropping so the black bars are recorded turn it back on when done as it saves space by not recording the black bars.
      Thank you very much for the reply. That partially solved the problem, but shrunk the overall image (so it put the full widescreen with black bars being used inside a new square of black bars). I had to do some cropping which I think lowered the quality a bit.... but not so much that I'd care. Thanks again that definitely helped.

Comment

Working...
      X