Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pixelated Blu Ray rips

Hi,

I have been using DVDFab for years with no problems - both ripping DVDs and Blu Rays. Until now. I am currently using v10.04.6 and in the last couple of weeks, I have issues with significant pixelation throughout the whole rip.

I use a standard profile with no tweaks (MS Surface Pro) which should output an MP4 file (see attached). DVDFab completes the rip and I get no error messages.

In summary, these have been the last few rips I have made:

Manchester United Season review 2015-16 (Blu Ray). Massive pixelation - completely unwatchable.
    Arrival (2016) (Blu Ray). Significant pixelation - completely unwatchable.
    Lego Batman Movie (2016) (DVD) - no problems.
    La La Land (2016) (DVD) - no problems.
    Blood Father (2016) (Blu Ray) - no problems.
    The Anderson Tapes (1971) (Blu Ray) - Significant pixelation - completely unwatchable.

I have not had the pixelation issues before so I was wondering if there is a tweak I need to make? Any support will be very welcome!

Also attach log file if that helps??

Thanks
    Attached Files

try clicking common settings - av codec and switch everything to software,restart dvdfab and retry one of
    your bluray discs again and see if it still comes out pixelated

Comment

Please update to newest version of Fab 1st 10050 try the troubled disks again post new logs from them.

7m 03.02s: error curl post: Failed sending data to the peer also a few different times trouble with servers make sure your on the internet for blu rays.

Comment

Thanks october262. All settings were switched to software already.

Will try updating the software as 3dman7 says. However, got a feeling this started in an earlier version and I upgraded to 10.0.4.6 to sort this out.

will keep you posted.
        Attached Files

Comment

@ 3dman7 - when I try to update, it only tells me there is an update to 10.0.4.9, not 5.0 as you suggest....
          Is this a beta version?

Comment

10050 beta for windows 10050 for macs.
            Did you try Dvix for speed up program turn lightning recording off uncheck box Make sure internet connection is on for blu rays.I would try the trouble disks with Dvix on and lightning recording off then if that don't work all software and lightning recording off with the latest Fab 10050 post logs for both if it doesn't work.
            Last edited by 3dman; 08-04-2017, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Thanks 3dman. Where is the Dvix setting? I can find the Lightning recording under A/V Codec....

Thanks again!

Comment

I have had pixelation on nearly any of my burned blu-rays as well. I have tried different settings and modes and burn speeds. Still the same. The video itself plays fine on my computer but I burn and play and I get random pixelation on playback especially noticeable when sun light or bright lights are on the screen. The breakup happens watching on all media sources from the blu-ray disc. These are top discs that I have been using for years and never had any problems. The pixelation started happening about 3 months ago. Not trying to hiijack. Just seemed like the same type of issue so wanted to add in my .02 just in case it helps.

Comment

JBENNET: In a/c codex where it says h264-vc1 and mpeg2 for these codex you use the pull down box for each codex I listed it says software now and set it to dxva this is a speed up program faster than software for the codex I listed that are listed as available for you video card.You can see these listed in the bottom in the box that tells you the codex speed up programs your card can use.I made a typo in my earlier post saying dvix its dxva.

Greenie17: Try a different brand of disks maybe you got a bad batch you can also try changing burners in Fab to Fab burner or Img burn burner if you don't have img burn burner you need to download it if you don't have it already the Fab burner is a choice in the pull down for burner for dvd's and blu rays in Fab settings for burner.Report back after trying these 2 things.
                  Last edited by 3dman7; 08-07-2017, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X