Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bug in /DEST command line for file name instead of folder name?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Bug in /DEST command line for file name instead of folder name?

I'm in the process of writing an application that automatically begins the ripping process for DVDs/Blu-Rays inserted into any of 7 DVD drives in a system. I have it working mostly, but for some reason, the "/DEST" option does not seem to be working properly. In the documentation (though out of date) it indicates that you can specify either a folder name, or a file name with /DEST. File name detection does not appear to be working.

For example:
    "C:\Program Files\DVDFab 10\DVDFab.exe" /MODE "DVDMP4" /PROFILE "mkv.h265.10bit" /SRC "E:" /DEST "C:\Ripped\Amityville Horror.mkv" /CLOSE

The expectation here would be that the DVD inserted in drive "E:" would be ripped to the file "C:\Users\Ripped\Amityville Horror.mkv" since a file name was specified. In reality, what you get is "C:\Users\Ripped\Amityville Horror.mkv\Video\AMITY2005_FF\AMITY2005_FF.Title1. mkv" because it isn't detecting that a file name was specified and not a folder name. (I also tried swapping to mp4 in case the issue was it was looking for a .mp4 extension since that's the mode, rather than the profile, but that did not correct the issue.)
Working...
X