Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD Ripper doesn't transfer the language code of audio tracks with MKV passthrough.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVD Ripper doesn't transfer the language code of audio tracks with MKV passthrough.

I'm trying to use DVD Ripper with the Everafter DVD.
    It has english and french audio tracks that need to be transferred.
    I'm using the MKV passthrough profile.
    The resulting MKV file doesn't have the language codes, making it hard to know which is what.
    Attached Files

Even with MKV passthrough you need to select the audio streams to pass through to the MKV: Click image for larger version

Name:	audio_pass.png
Views:	266
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	347273
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi spaceharfang,
      As for "The resulting MKV file doesn't have the language codes, making it hard to know which is what. ",
      We checked with DVDFab MeidaPlayer, MPC-HC, MediaInfo, all have language code.

yours,
      Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

90312 : Yes, the audio tracks are selected in the UI and they can be read in the resulting MKV file.

Wilson.Wang: The pictures you posted doesn't show for me. I get what you are saying. I'll post what I get along with software versions.

Comment

Ok, since I restarted the computer, it works as intended with most software including MediaInfo.
          The issue is still present with the latest version of Xmedia Recode.
          If I remake the mkv container with MKVToolNix (19.0), the issue goes away.
          After looking at the MediaInfo listings, the only difference I find is that MKVToolNix uses "libebml v1.3.5 + libmatroska v1.4.8" instead of "libebml v1.3.4 + libmatroska v1.4.5" for DVDFab.
          Everything else look the same.

Comment

Working...
          X