Toy Story 3 (PAL) : MKV is significantly shorter than original movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toy Story 3 (PAL) : MKV is significantly shorter than original movie

I have a problem with Toy Story 3 (PAL) DVD.
    When ripping to MKV (1:38:18), the resulting movie is 38 seconds shorter than the original (1:38:56). However, I cannot immediately see any dropped scenes or anything, so it looks like it's frame drops throughout the movie.
    The problem then is that subtitles gradually get more and more out-of-sync.

Hello,

Please do the following steps to find out the needed information and send them to us:
    1. Disable Cloud Decryption Service and Enable PathPlayer in Common Settings > DVD section, open the problematic disc in DVDFab again;
    2. After opened, click on "i" button next to the main movie title, select "Export Source Info" in popup window; it will generate a VIDEO_TS folder, a Info.txt and a DISC.BIN file to the chosen location, which is DVDFab10\Log folder;
    3. Go to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\DVDFab10, zip the whole DVDFab10 Log folder and send us the zipped file.

Regards,
    mona

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. I will PM you the GDrive link with the requested zip-file.
      The info-button already seems to hint at the issue, as I get tons of 'Unplayable cell (...) is removed.' warnings.

Comment

Problem is a bit less severe, but still there. It turns out that the main movie is in Title 72 and not Title 18 as auto-detected by DVDFab. Still, the resulting MKV is 01:38:47 and thus 9 seconds short. The subs are therefore still out of sync by several seconds.

Comment

Another update. The weird thing is that timing ends up correct if I rip directly to AVI/MP4. So the problem is caused by ripping to MKV. Unfortunately, I need to rip to MKV as that's the only way to get rid of the audio hickups in Disney DVDs as I reported in the past here (can't find the thread).

Comment

Originally posted by FabioD View Post
            Another update. The weird thing is that timing ends up correct if I rip directly to AVI/MP4. So the problem is caused by ripping to MKV. Unfortunately, I need to rip to MKV as that's the only way to get rid of the audio hickups in Disney DVDs as I reported in the past here (can't find the thread).
            Hello,

Please post the latest dvdfab_internal.log file here.

Regards,
            mona

Comment

Working...
            X