This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hang Up when converting Vobs to mp4

I've ripped my DVD to the hard disk in the vob format. I tried to convert the multiple vob files to H264.AAC format and it hangs up after about 80%, ie. step 7 of 9. Waited for a half hour and it still show 0% completion.
    Tried with a few movies and the result is always the same. At about the 80% mark, the % completion will be 0%. What am I doing wrong ? or DVDFab does not support conversion of multiple Vobs to H264.AAC format ?

For a start, you should be using DVD to Mobile.

Have a read of my Best Practice thread. Link below in my signature.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
      For a start, you should be using DVD to Mobile.

Have a read of my Best Practice thread. Link below in my signature.
      thanks. After using DVD to Mobile, there's no hangup now. Everything is smooth. However, I have a question. The subtitle file has an extension .sub. My HTC Hero phone needs to have a .srt extension file for subtitles. Can I just rename the subtitle file or is it another format entirely ? if the .srt is another format from .sub, how can I get "DVD to Mobile" to output a .srt subtitle file ? I don't see any option for subtitle format in the menus.

Comment

You can't get Fab to output SRT files, The options within Fab are to create the IDX/SUB file or burn the subtitle into the video (hard coded).

If you wish to change subtitle formats, I always use "Subtitle Editor" which is a free download on the Internet. Just google it.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
        X