Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viewing 3D Blueray rips on Samsung TVs (directly or using Plex)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Viewing 3D Blueray rips on Samsung TVs (directly or using Plex)

In order to view all 3D affects included in 3D bluray movie on a 3D capable Samsung TV you have to edit the output files from DVfab Bluray ripper using tsMuxer or other software. Else you only get a pseudo-3D like experience like when you upscale 2D-made films to 3D.

I use the 3D MKV.MVC Passthrough format preset when I make 3D copies of unreduced size or I use 3D MKV.MVC to make compressed copies of the 3D Bluray movie.

After ripping I have to use tsMuxer to reverse the order of the movie layers and then remux the file as a M2TS file. To properly show a 3D movie on a Samsung TV the H.264 layer has to be the top layer and the MVC layer has to be layer number two. Ripping with DVDfab makes mkv-files with these two layers in reverse order.

After using the 3D MKV.MVC Passthrough format preset the output is easily processed by tsMuxer and the remux does not take very long. After that the m2ts file are shown correctly on Samsung 3d capable TV either on a USB plug or via Plex.

When trying to rearrange the video layers from a DVDfab compressed rip (using the 3D MKV.MVC format preset) is on the other hand impossible. The tsMuxer is reporting thousands of errors with mainly two different linds of errors:
    Bad SEI detected. SEI too short
    H264 warn: Unexpected pic_order_cnt_lsb value 32767. FrameNum: 50723 slice type: P_TYPE
    After a while txMuxer gives up reporting: Too many errors! tsMuxeR is terminated.

So my wishes to the DVDfab crew is:
    1. Please make an option of to adjust the order of the video layers (H.264 and MVC) in the two format preset 3D MKV.MVC and 3D MKV.MVC Passthrough
    2. Please fix the errors in the encoding of the two video layers (H.264 and MVC) so that it is also possible to remux compressed copies.
    3. When converting the sound tracks to AC3 in the ripping process (at least in the 3D MKV.MVC process) the sound level are reduced at least 50%. Please level out the differences in sound levels that are made during the converting process.
    4. After this is accomplished you should add 3D MKV.MVC and 3D MKV.MVC Passthrough as available format presets also in the Video Converter module of DVDfab, making it available for MKV file that includes a MVC-layer. Also here it should be an option to have the MVC-layer as the second video layer in the resulting file.
    The first wish is the most important issue of my three wishes.
Working...
X