Dolby Digital True HD 7.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Dolby Digital True HD 7.1

I've noticed when my source contains a Dolby Digital True HD 7.1 audio track, if I try to preserve it using 'copy audio' setting, I end up with a standard DD 5.1 track, even when "Always remove HD audio' setting is selected. This is true with a DD TrueHD 5.1 source as well.

Hi TrickyZ,

Did you use MP4 for output? MP4 doesn't support HD audio.

To keep HD 7.1, please use MKV to have a try.

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

Ok, MKV is giving me TrueHD 7.1, but I am only getting the DTS NON-HD MA core now, 7.1 tracks are coming through as 5.1 using copy audio. (Cinderella and Ex Machina in the log)
      Attached Files
      Last edited by TrickyZ; 06-03-2018, 06:29 PM.

Comment

MKV does support DTS HD MA 7.1, doesn't it?

Comment

When copyaudio or passthrough output, it shall keep the original audio info. Please take a screenshot of the audio settings (see example image) and the one of advanced settings you set for the conversion of the movie you reported (Cinderella and Ex Machina) and post it here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	example.png
Views:	655
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	355230

Also, please use the tool mediainfo to analyze the output file and send here. Thanks.

Regards,
          Mona

Comment

am I supposed to be also checking the one labeled "Remove HD"? If so, that's a little confusing.

Comment

scratch the previous post, I see what's going on with the 2 different check boxes.

thanks for the suggestion of using mediainfo. the DTS files are 7.1, I guess VLC isn't displaying the codec info correctly for DTS HD MA 7.1

Comment

Originally posted by TrickyZ View Post
                scratch the previous post, I see what's going on with the 2 different check boxes.

thanks for the suggestion of using mediainfo. the DTS files are 7.1, I guess VLC isn't displaying the codec info correctly for DTS HD MA 7.1
                Thanks for the update, we are glad to hear that you figured it out.

Regards,
                Mona

Comment

Working...
                X