Movie: Pirates of the Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
    Region: 1
    Disk Volume Name: PIRATES_OF_THE_CARRIBEAN
    Title Chosen to Encode: 1
    Profile Used: xbox360.wmv.wma10
    Resolution Chosen: 848 x 356
    Cropping: Auto
    Video Bitrate: 3000
    Audio Codec & Bitrate: 128kps, 5.1 Multichannel (DTS)
    Single Pass or 2 Pass: 2 Pass
    Sync shift is: progressive - OK in the beginning, off by about 1+ second at the end..
    Sync error is: Medium 1+ second
    Playback Device: Computer / WMP 12
    Playback using VLC: No audio - VLC Returns the following error:
    No suitable decoder module:
    VLC does not support the audio or video format "wmap". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.

This only happens with the DTS track... The Dolby Digital 5.1 track is fine.

No need to reply to this thread... This is here for others informational purposes and to let the dev's know of another example of this problem...

Thanks...

Here are some things to try.

1. I am not sure why you use 848 for the resolution. Use 704 if it is NTSC. There is no benefit to upscale.

2. Try a lower video bit rate. With 1100-1500 I cannot tell the difference between this and the original DVD and file size is smaller.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions... but been there done that...

This is a bug... I could point out half a dozen or more threads, but this one summarizes pretty well: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=1087

This is not a configuration issue as many people have been having A/V sync problems with multiple titles for well over 6 months now... I'm just venting my frustration at this point. Especially since the DVDfab "support" team's response of "We are analyzing it" is less than encouraging at this point...

While there may not be any benefit to upscaling, I've never had a problem as a direct result of it...

A bitrate of 1100-1500 provides noticeable poor quality as far as i'm concerned... 2500-3000 is the sweet spot for me...

Thanks again...

Mod's can close this thread if desired... Just wanted the info out here that another DVD has a known A/V sync issue...

Comment

Working...
      X