X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Movies on DVD stuck at 2%

Version 10.2.0.9
    Dell Inspiron Laptop with NVidia

Many years ago I converted VHS/8mm home movies to DVD which play fine in my DVD player.
    I need to back them up.

However, when I attempt to do that with DVDFab, they get to 2% and the drive stops.
    I've cleaned them and tried several different disks with the same result.

There is a short MP4 file saved with the completed segment.

I get the same result with: Common Settings > A/V Codex > Disable GPU enabled and disabled.

Thank you for your consideration.
    These movies of people who have now died are priceless, and I really want to get them backed up.
    Attached Files

try clicking common settings - dvd - pathplayer - select disable pathplayer, restart dvdfab and retry the discs again.

Comment

Thank you so much for trying to help. I did as you suggested, but got the same result.
      I exited DVDFab, deleted the log files and tried again but it failed.
      I've attached the logs for that last attempt.

Do you have any other suggestions?
      I'm not sure what switch to flip.
      Attached Files

Comment

Please try to use Copy-Clone more to copy and save the disc to your hard drive, and then load the copy as source to convert again and see if it will make a difference.
        You can also try to convert the source to other profile like mkv and see the result.

Comment

Thank you so much for trying to help.
          I was able to create an iso image from the original disks.
          Then I moved the images to another computer, mounted one and attempted to convert to AVI.
          Unfortunately, the conversion stuck at 2%. It's very odd.
          The iso files play fine on VLC player.

Is there any way to dumb down DVDFab to make it more tolerant of an old file like this?
          Can you think of anything else I can try?
          Last edited by sbmitt; 09-03-2018, 02:15 AM.

Comment

I still had an instance of DVDFab 9.1.26 installed on my main computer. I opened the ISO images with that, and it appears to be converting to AVI.
            It would be interesting to know why the older version works, and V10 stalls.

Comment

Working...
            X