Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Space in between hSBS pictures in 3D rip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Space in between hSBS pictures in 3D rip?

Since 10209 there's now a black space in between the two pictures of a 3D rip where there was no space in previous versions between the two pictures. I played one and it seemed to look OK in 3D. What's with the new space in between pictures?

I see there's a new depth of field setting and it's maxed out by default. This is creating a "wave" effect occasionally for me, kind of like seeing a heat wave rising off of a hot road, in the movie.

What does the setting need to be for there to be no space in between the two images like before? Zero?

NM I see it's not a new setting I just never scrolled down far enough to see it. I just made some 3D mkv's yesterday and there was no space between the pictures but today there was. I don't know what changed. What settings should the Gain and Visual Depth be for there to be no space between the two images?
    Last edited by Diaboyos; 08-18-2018, 02:46 AM.

Comment

This is what I'm getting now https://imgur.com/a/X2ZytOP There's a space in between the pictures on a half side-by-side 3D mkv where before there was none. How do I get rid of this space?

Comment

Three days ago I made a 3D mkv of The Hobbit. There was no space between the two images. Just now I tried that same movie again using the exact same source and settings and now there's a space between the images that is affecting the picture when watching the movie. How did this space get there and how do I get rid of it?
        https://imgur.com/a/ipRYzZJ <-----example

Comment

Here is the log for The Hobbit 3D mkv rip both with and without Cuda. They both now produce that black bar between the two images that affects the movie when watching it. The weird thing is however that even with Disable All GPU Codecs being checked and all settings set to Software, it still uses the GPU. With those settings my GPU should remain at idle but as soon as I click Start the GPU maxes out even if Fab was set to disable GPU and was set to software. At this point I don't know what to do. This is affecting my making both 2D and 3D mkv's now.
          Attached Files

Comment

I replaced the 1060 with my old 560 last night for testing. While that did fix the soft sub issue I'm also having it did not get rid of the space in between images in a half side-by-side 3D mkv. Putting the 1060 back in now.

Edit: I realize now the Gain and Depth of Field is for 2D to 3D conversion but that's not what I'm using. Shouldn't be anyway. The source is a 3D bluray. Is there an option somewhere to check to make sure 2D to 3D is turned off?
            Last edited by Diaboyos; 08-19-2018, 08:22 PM.

Comment

OK I almost forgot to check. Last night I also made a 3D mkv on a totally separate PC in the house to test it. Everything that mine has ever failed on for whatever reason this other computer has worked. It still put a space in between the two images. Her PC doesn't have a graphics card so it was CPU only. Two different computers produce the same result there's definitely something wrong. Both using 10029x64 with Windows 7x64

Comment

I swapped out the 1060 for my old 560 last night and tried again and it still produces a space between the two images. The 560 fixed the soft sub problem, which has now returned with the 1060 being replaced, but it did not solve this. So now I can't use the GPU to compress an mkv because it messes up the subtitles nor can I create a 3D mkv at all.
                Last edited by Diaboyos; 08-20-2018, 02:19 AM.

Comment

1. You convert Blu-ray to MKV-3D SBS
                  2. With graphics card 1060, this "space" problem appears in the output file.
                  3. When with card 560, this "space" problem still exists.
                  4. Even though there is a black space, the resulted file can be played well in 3D mode. What's the player?

Please confirm the above.

And, please specify the PC specs, and post dvdfab_internal.log file as well as fabcheck_internal.log file.

Comment

Someone pointed this out in the log above for The Hobbit: 2018.08.18-15:56:53: info: 3D working_mode(2Dto3D). I think that's what's messing it up. It's not 2D to 3D. The source file is not 2D it is 3D. Why is it using 2D to 3D when the source files are 3D?

To answer your questions:

1. I convert 3D bluray to 3D Half -Side-By-Side mkv.
                    2. Yes.
                    3. Yes.
                    4. No. When I posted that the file still played correctly I had not yet watched enough of it. I just loaded it to see if it would load and it did and erroneously came back and posted that it worked ok. By the time I found out it did not play correctly I could no longer edit the post. It does not produce a good picture like it does when there's no space between the images. When there is a space between the two images it produces what I can only describe as what looks like a heat wave rising off of a hot road. A kind of distortion. It's not a good picture and it doesn't do this when there is no space between the two images.

And again in this log for Terminator 5 3D it says:

- Use 2D to 3D mode, and this product is: Enable
                    - info: 3D working_mode(2Dto3D)
                    - not support gpu acceleration for 2D to 3D, try to using advance mode
                    - info: open 2D to 3D option(gain:8, visual_depth:254) successful

Why is it using 2D to 3D when using 3D source material? This is not a 2D movie it is a 3D movie. I think this is what's causing the bar between the images. How do I get Fab to not use 2D to 3D when the source file is 3D? https://i.imgur.com/mjWqpgH.jpg
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Diaboyos; 08-20-2018, 10:17 PM.

Comment

The black bar in between the side by sides created with 2d to 3d convertor is normal for this type of 3d and shouldn't effect the 3d picture when converted by the 3d TV.If you get some kind of strange effect make sure you use all software in Fab settings I thought cuda was disabled for this 3d type anyway but haven't used it in a long time.

You working with 3d folders not iso's so you load the 3d folder into virtual drive first then put the virtual drive into fab and you will see the fab program then see's the file as 3d and will no longer use the 2d to 3d convertor.

Also when you load a 3d store brought disk in fab and click the wrench symbol you have 3 choices for output make sure (make 2d disk) is NOT check marked and (make 3d disk) is checked marked so as you don't turn your 3d disk into a 2d folder.

Comment

This was the problem. I was ripping the movie to folder not ISO and I didn't know if you loaded a 3D movie folder directly in Fab it would read it as a 2D movie and not 3D. Now that I'm ripping the 3D movies to ISO I can make a 3D mkv without the space between the images. There needs to be some information text next to the option where you choose to "Save As 3D Bluray) in the Full Disc and Main Movie copy features that if you save in folder format you must first mount that in a virtual drive and not directly in Fab. Either that or to save as ISO which can be mounted directly in Fab as 3D. This would save a lot of people a headache.

Comment

Originally posted by Diaboyos View Post
                          This was the problem. I was ripping the movie to folder not ISO and I didn't know if you loaded a 3D movie folder directly in Fab it would read it as a 2D movie and not 3D. Now that I'm ripping the 3D movies to ISO I can make a 3D mkv without the space between the images. There needs to be some information text next to the option where you choose to "Save As 3D Bluray) in the Full Disc and Main Movie copy features that if you save in folder format you must first mount that in a virtual drive and not directly in Fab. Either that or to save as ISO which can be mounted directly in Fab as 3D. This would save a lot of people a headache.
                          While creating folder with Blu-ray Copy, it will create a .miniso file by default; when you mount this .miniso file with Virtual drive, it makes the folder works like a physical Blu-ray disc.
                          Here you can find more info for .miniso: https://www.dvdfab.cn/miniso.htm

There is currently a popup message about using Virtual Drive to mount the .miniso file, upon the start process of Blu-ray Copy to folder.

Comment

Working...
                          X