Black Panther Forced Subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Panther Forced Subtitles

Has anyone figured out how to RIP Black Panther with the subtitles for the Wakanden language?

I think DVDFab has trouble recognizing forced subtitles and then setting it as such, at least in the Blu-ray copy Main Movie mode. I have reported this here in the past but have yet to see it fixed. The way I get around this issue, and what I would recommend, is to watch the movie from the original disc and make note of which English track is turned on by default, if any, by the player. This is the forced subtitle track if one is present. Then, when you rip the movie, in the main screen not only make sure that that track is selected along with whatever other subtitle track(s) you want, but change the setting so it is on my default : click to the immediate left (just left of the blue and white check box … see screen shot) of the specific track in the drop-down list and you should see a small white, right-pointing triangle appear, indicating it will be turned on my default during playback . Only one track can be selected as default, for obvious reasons. Then process the movie as usual. Like I said, I use this workaround in the Blu-ray Copy Main Movie copy mode until they fix it, and it works every time, but it should also work in the ripper mode too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	826
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	359219

Comment

I figured it out after ripping it about 10 times. There are more subtitles listed if you scroll down. I choose the 3rd English subtitles from the top and unchecked show only forced. This selection is English for the Wakanda language parts only.

Comment

The screen shot I used was not for Black Panther but just an example to show how to set a default track. I Hope they fix this issue soon. Shouldn't have to discover forced subtitles manually. Though I have used DVD Copy for many years, I only started using Blu-ray copy around the end of 2016, and have never had it properly locate and mark a forced subtitle track on any title that I have backed up. My manual way works, but the extra steps should not be necessary.

Developers: can you please fix this?

Comment

We will improve the forced subtitle feature in DVDFab.

Comment

Working...
          X