No announcement yet.

Read errors ripping "Blade Runner 2049" just after being unsealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Read errors ripping "Blade Runner 2049" just after being unsealed

Lastly when I'm ripping my BD collection to my computer, I'm getting some "Read errors" when ripping some BD discs. I use the Ignore option but it becomes to a final video file where audio and video are desynchronized.

Last ocassion was with the brand new BD of "Blade Runner 2049" that I recently purchased, unsealed and put it in my computer to rip it. I try it twice and I get error reading messages both times. So, I don't believe it is because the disc is dirty as it was new and sealed, so... What other reasons can provoce some discs with no phisical damages to produce a "Read Error" issue?

Thanks.

I was able to backup this title back in January of this year with then version 10.0.7.7 (x64). However, I have learned that sometimes a read error can be produced if the specific decryption used is not supported. I backed up the 2D version, so 3D version may not yet be supported. You should probably attached your log files so support staff can troubleshoot. (They may need additional files and will ask for it if needed). Sometimes it can also just be a badly pressed disc (which could still play ok in a standalone player).

Are you getting read errors with multiple new discs? Could it be your drive? If you have a software player installed, do they play ok on that?

Something else to try : Try making a clone copy on your hard drive (choose "Keep Protection") and then try to rip from the protected ISO. Since, I believe, no decryption is involved in protected clone copy, if the disc copies fine when cloning, then it is likely just not yet supported for decryption. If it encounters error during clone copy, it might be a bad disc or drive issue. Btw, what version of DVDFab are you using?
    Last edited by LaciBacsi; 10-27-2018, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Thank you LaciBacsi. Finally I found the issue comes from iTunes (??). If I'm using iTunes while ripping a file, seems iTunes sometimes opens the drive tray, so the ripping process interrupts. I tested by no using iTunes while ripping and I didn't have any issue with the read errors.

Thanks!

Comment

We've tested with iTunes on or off, could not reproduce the read error issue.

Comment

We've tested with iTunes on or off, could not reproduce the read error issue.

Comment

Thanks Mona! In my case, seems the BD Reader tray opens when I close iTunes. Don't know why...

Comment

Working...
            X