Errors When Ripping "The IT Crowd" Season 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Errors When Ripping "The IT Crowd" Season 2

Getting errors when ripping Season 2 of "The IT Crowd" Seasons 1, 3, 4, & 5 all rip fine.

When ripping Season 2, I am getting missed frames, so the video looks jumpy. The audio seems fine.

When I watch the video through the included player option in the ripping software, I get frames of 1-2 seconds that show all kinds of text. The attached screenshot is an example.

To be clear, when the rip is complete, you do not see the frames with the text. But the video is jumpy...I'm assuming those frames are gone...again...the audio does not seem to jump but I can't be sure...there is not a soundtrack where would be noticeable.

I'm not sure if this is some kind of glitch or copy protection or what. Not sure what to do.

I'm ripping to MP4 using the standard settings. Running on Windows 10 64-bit, patched current. Running latest version of DVD Fab 11.0.0.5.

Any info or suggestions are requested. Thank you in advance.

Attached Files
    Last edited by MrMagooAZ; 11-25-2018, 09:03 PM.

try clicking common settings - dvd - pathplayer - disable pathplayer
    restart dvdfab and retry the disc again.

Comment

Disabling PathPlayer did not resolve the issue.

Comment

Hi MrMagooAZ,

Please try to convert the source to mp4.passthrough and see if it will make a difference. Please feedback with the latest dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file. Thanks.

Please also send us the purchase url where you bought the disks.

Comment

I have been out of town but will try this latest suggestion this week.

The DVD was purchased on Amazon. It is a Region 2 DVD (UK) and I have changed my drive to Region 2 for this rip. I live in Region 1 (United States).

https://www.amazon.com/Crowd-Ultimate-Box-Set-DVD/dp/B01M11P2W3
          Last edited by MrMagooAZ; 12-03-2018, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
            Hi MrMagooAZ,

Please try to convert the source to mp4.passthrough and see if it will make a difference. Please feedback with the latest dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file. Thanks.

Please also send us the purchase url where you bought the disks.
            NOTE: Running the latest version which is now 11.0.0.7

The only option when I go to pick the format for the rip that comes up when I check the Passthrough box is MKV. I did that. And that seemed to work.

I have a few questions:

1) the file size for the MKV file is about 3X that of the MP4. Is that normal?

2) Any idea why that worked? I'm still not sure why it would be fine to do MP4 on the other seasons but not Season 2?

Comment

Working...
            X