Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper Hardware acceleration disabled

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Fab release 11.0.0.7. I have noticed that hardware encoding is not working. The status indicates it is available but the speed of the rip is about %40 of a true hardware rip and CPU usage is at %100. I tried re-installing this version several times; the same result. The version 11 releases had been great up until this one. BTW, version 10 works fine. I was performing an H.265 encode. I have attached my logs for reference. TIA
    Attached Files

Did you try updating your graphics card driver ??

Comment

Originally posted by SecondB View Post
      Hi,

I recently upgraded to Fab release 11.0.0.7. I have noticed that hardware encoding is not working. The status indicates it is available but the speed of the rip is about %40 of a true hardware rip and CPU usage is at %100. I tried re-installing this version several times; the same result. The version 11 releases had been great up until this one. BTW, version 10 works fine. I was performing an H.265 encode. I have attached my logs for reference. TIA
      Hi SecondB, like october262 said, please update the driver of your graphics card and then try again, if still have problem, please feedback with the latest dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file.

Comment

Hi,

I thought I explained the issue clearly. The ONLY new variable is Fab release 11.0.0.7. All PRIOR version 11 releases ran perfectly. I was running Nvidia driver 416.94 released a couple of weeks ago. For the sake of argument I am now running 417.22. As expected, there is no difference. Can you give me a copy of DVDFab release 11.0.0.3? Again version 10 runs fine. And again I am attaching my logs.
        Attached Files

Comment

Well it seems to have gone dark here, but I have some more information regarding this issue. Hardware acceleration is not actually being disabled. I am monitored my video card during an H.265 rip and is being stressed by the software. The problem is that for some reason the CPU is being engaged an is overriding the videocard. Performing the same process with DVDFab 10 has the proper action. My normal CPU usage during a Hardware rip is about 20% and an FPS of 80-120fps. With DVDFab 11 my CPU usage climbs to 70-90% and the FPS drops to 24fps. I can't seem to get any version of DVDFab 11 to work now, only ver 10.x works.

Comment

Originally posted by SecondB View Post
            Well it seems to have gone dark here, but I have some more information regarding this issue. Hardware acceleration is not actually being disabled. I am monitored my video card during an H.265 rip and is being stressed by the software. The problem is that for some reason the CPU is being engaged an is overriding the videocard. Performing the same process with DVDFab 10 has the proper action. My normal CPU usage during a Hardware rip is about 20% and an FPS of 80-120fps. With DVDFab 11 my CPU usage climbs to 70-90% and the FPS drops to 24fps. I can't seem to get any version of DVDFab 11 to work now, only ver 10.x works.
            try clicking common settings - general settings - then in the general settings area click on the factory default settings button
            in the lower left corner of the general settings area, restart dvdfab and retry encoding again.

Comment

Thanks for the input. No change unfortunately. I have noticed another odd thing. DVDFab 10 is not appearing as an application using resources during an H.265 rip(!?). The CPU usage is at 20% (As I type this I am ripping Blade Runner 2049), but the application does not appear in the Task Manager. Meanwhile ripping the same Blade Runner BD the DVDFab 11 application appears with 81% CPU usage. I don't know if Microsoft has anything to do with this. I did get the cumulative Windows 10 update for December this week.

Comment

what antivirus / firewall software do you use ??
                try temporally both and see if dvdfab appears in tsk manager.

Comment

I honestly don't care about this version of DVDFab not appearing in the task manager; it works great! The issue is with DVDFab 11. It does appear and currently is not working on my machine. BTW, for better or worse I am using Microsoft's Windows Defender. It updates itself every month and so far I haven't been bitten.

Comment

Well it looks like I owe everyone a huge Mea Culpa regarding this problem. It appears I was running a H.265 10-bit rip. That uses everything you have to perform it. I will be curious to see what my H.265 10-bit 3D rip of Blade Runner 2049 looks like. We're all good here. Sorry for the false alarm.

Comment

Working...
                    X