Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blu Ray Ripper hanging at <20%, completing with an unplayable file.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Blu Ray Ripper hanging at <20%, completing with an unplayable file.

Greetings all,

So yesterday I had acquired the Blu Ray Ripper on the advice of a friend, so it is the up-to-date version (unless they released one today?). I made a couple of attempts each to rip two films, both fresh-out-of -the-shrinkwrap: Avengers Infinity War and Salazar's Revenge. My reader is - also brand new out of the box - not branded but it has a model number of GEPC072AS.

The process seems to start well, but when it gets to a certain percentage complete - always under 20% - it hangs, the time remaining goes up, and then goes to zero. After the first time I let it continue and after about half an hour it declares the process complete - there is then a file which I attempt to play (using Windows' Film and TV app thing) and it doesn't, giving me the error 0xc00d36c4.

I've been searching the forum for a solution, and I saw others were having a similar issue but I couldn't see if there had been a resolution. I tried changing a few settings but I'm not sure a. where the issue is stemming from or b. what I need to change to successfully make a rip.

I have included both logs from yesterday; hopefully these are the ones you'd want to see.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Please go to Common Settings>General>A/V Codec, tick the "Disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding" box and uncheck the option "Enable Lightning-Recoding when applicable (accelerate H.264 software decoding and encoding)" to convert again and see if it will make a difference.

Comment

This hasn't worked. The behaviour is exactly the same.

Logs from round 2 attached.

It was also bringing up a couple of 'read errors'; the discs I have are fresh out of the shrinkwrap and haven't been played anywhere else, and my reader is brand new and has been cheerfully ripping DVDs without issue.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X