Ripping some movies doubles length, does not play correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripping some movies doubles length, does not play correctly

Just curious if anyone else as seen this. I rip a movie (so far only seems to be the older movies) and when it's finished, if it was a 2 hour movie it is 'seen' as a 4 hour movie and starts to play, then stutters, hiccups and freezes. I had this before with an old spaghetti western- I can find out which one, but will have to watch the beginning of a few to determine which one. And just recently had it with The Alamo (with John Wayne).

Anyone else seen this issue? I can open a ticket with support if needed along with the ISO, but was wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior?

I can resolve it by using Handbrake and ripping it through it. But as I'm ripping my library it kinda sucks just ripping one and waiting, then pooling things into DVDFab again- plus, I don't know which ones are going to do this and have to spend the time ripping them, wait and watch them- then re-rip.

Thanks!

From where did you see the run time shows as 4 hours, and what player did you use for playback?
    Please upload this source iso file, also, we need the dvdfab_internal.log file.
    I will PM you the FTP info for uploading the iso file, thank you.

Comment

It showed the movie length both in the synopsis of the Plex App, but when I played the movie it also showed the length in the time bar- both were twice as long as the movie should have been. it usually starts playing for a little bit (like a minute or so) then you'll start seeing stuttering and such and it'll eventually freeze pretty soon after it starts doing that. I'll upload the two ISO's and you'll have a pretty big .log file (and you'll have to search for those ISO's in it), but I'll upload that as well. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by funreviews View Post
        It showed the movie length both in the synopsis of the Plex App, but when I played the movie it also showed the length in the time bar- both were twice as long as the movie should have been. it usually starts playing for a little bit (like a minute or so) then you'll start seeing stuttering and such and it'll eventually freeze pretty soon after it starts doing that. I'll upload the two ISO's and you'll have a pretty big .log file (and you'll have to search for those ISO's in it), but I'll upload that as well. Thanks!
        I have downloaded the iso file, but still need your dvdfab_internal.log file, please check my sig for log directory and post the log file, thank you.

Comment

I did the ISO late last night. I'll get to the log file today. Thanks!

Comment

I uploaded the log file. While you're looking at the log file, could you maybe also look for movie rips I've cancelled in October during the process. For some reason DVDFab in Ripper mode randomly will not enable the CUDA NVidia mode and just try to rip only with CPU. I have to watch out for it, cancel it, then the next movie on the list will enable CUDA and run fine. Not sure what the correlation is between movies. There should be a few in the log file. I think maybe Timecop could have been one of them...but, if not, it's one of the ones ripped at the same time as Timecop. Thanks!

Comment

We got read error with the The Alamo iso file you uploaded, the conversion process cannot go through, please check and confirm whether the file is okay on your end and send again. Thanks.

Comment

OK. Is there some application I can use to do a CRC check or something? Or just try to re-rip? Remember, DVDFab gave me an issue, but Handbrake did not...there was another DVD that did the same thing (I think maybe two others), but I'll have to remember which ones. Pretty sure it was the western, "For a Few Dollars More" and that DVD is pristine. But, let me know if there's a way to scan the ISO of The Alamo or if I should just try to re-rip or re-upload it to you. Thanks!

Comment

UPDATE: please update to v11.0.6.4 to try again, there was a BD read error issue which has been addressed.

Comment

If I run across it again I'll let you know, however, the discs were DVD, not Blu-Ray.

Comment

Working...
                    X