This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting DvD to avi

I'm looking for the best method to convert my DvD collection over to avi to store on my HD and play back using a media server connected to my HDTV.

So far, DvDFab has been the only product that will convert an acceptable file. All others (and I have tried about 6 different ones) have either failed, taken more than 15 hours to convert or viewing quality has been unacceptable.

However, my first few trials, although succesful, have given me a quality that I believe can be improved upon. I've seen examples of converted DvDs to HD and I'm confident DVDFAB can do it.

My preferred format would be H264 as this is specific to HD. My meida server can handle most flavours of avi, DivX, Xvid. Mp4 has met with complete failure.

Try the Samsung profile that I developed in the "New Profiles" section of this forum.

It works great on my 52" Samsung from either an attached USB drive or via Twonky DLNA server.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
    X