X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Advice Please, Episodic DVD's

Hi All,

After a bit of help/advice, I have quite a large collection of Episodic DVD's
    and want to be able to end up with a single AVI with all the episodes from
    a single DVD contained therein.

Whats the best way of doing this, at the moment I ended up having to
    use another package to join the VOB's together but then I couldn't get
    FAB to read/convert the VOB to an AVI (as its no longer in a DVD structure)

This cannot be done with DVDFab alone. Your best bet is to create the individual AVI files with DVDFab and then find something to join them. There will be less chance of audio sync issues that way.

Comment

Monty68,

can you enlighten me on why you want to do this. I can't think of one.

Comment

I was just browsing the forums for the same issue. So DVDFab cannot take multiple AVIs and join them into one? Any recommendations for what will?

Comment

Originally posted by billbell52 View Post
          Monty68,

can you enlighten me on why you want to do this. I can't think of one.
          Urm, becuase I don't want 100's of AVI files

Comment

Originally posted by AzDragonLord View Post
            I was just browsing the forums for the same issue. So DVDFab cannot take multiple AVIs and join them into one? Any recommendations for what will?
            Try videohelp.com for a start.

Originally posted by Monty68 View Post
            Urm, becuase I don't want 100's of AVI files
            I too am not seeing the logic here. Generally an episodic DVD will have a few episodes of 20 to 120 minutes each depending on the program. There will often be a special "play all" title that has all episodes in one. DVDFab will convert any single title on the DVD to a single AVI (which makes the play-all title, if available, a good target for what you are trying to do). The only exception is if you select the split-by-chapter feature and then you will get a single AVI per chapter in a title.

Comment

At times, DVDFab does not recognize the play all feature and will rip episodes into individual files enven though you are not using Chapter selection etc. I have seen this as well. Not with all eposodic DVD's but I have encountered it. Just figured it was an issue with the way the DVD is designed.

One way around this is if you have Nero, you can import the VOB files using Nero Vision. Then you can join the files, create a DVD without menus and burn as an ISO to the hard drive or folder. Now DVDFab will see it as one file and you are able to rip it as one. Long way around but it does work reliably.

Comment

Thanks irishgrunt, I will give this a try if I can find one of my copies of Nero. I just finished ripping 600 DVDs and one of the children's DVD has 10 episodes with no option for "Play All", i.e., no single VOB, instead there are 10. I also don't want 10 different AVIs for this single DVD.

Comment

Gushhh!!! People, have you ever heard JoinVOBfilestool??? Google it. It's a freeware!!! Why are you complicating things???
                  sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Some people don't have time to google or diddle around. It would be nice if this worked inside DVDFab. There are some DVD's that are split across a couple of disks and would be nice to consolidate them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandalier View Post
                      Some people don't have time to google or diddle around. It would be nice if this worked inside DVDFab. There are some DVD's that are split across a couple of disks and would be nice to consolidate them.
                      If a person does not have time to do research then they do not have time to be making copies of movies.

This is not a babysitting forum.

Comment

Very well said, G....
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by Bandalier View Post
                          Bandalier,
                          DVDFab is really good program for what it does. Additional functions will only complicate the program, create bugs and snags. For most of the users current functionality is good enough, and all we want from developers is perfection. There are bunch of free, small and very narrow function programs out there. A great resources (videohelp.com for instance is a great resource for anybody who need help in video/audio), freeware, etc. You can always ask people on forums and find help at any time, literally.
                          Besides, if you want merge two discs, this function is currently available in "DVD to DVD" mode, or you can split.... I'm not sure what do you want, really???
                          sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

He just wants to have a whine as he has on various threads today.
                            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                              He just wants to have a whine as he has on various threads today.
                              Well, I guess this forum could function as psychological hotline too
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X