DVD's not encoded correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVD's not encoded correctly

for some reason my DVD's that I am trying to convert are all ending up in a squeezed format instead of widescreen.
    Also, don't understand why it takes like 3 hours for a conversion of an old DVD.. BD goes 10 times faster. anyways..

All my DVD conversions are a mess..

Here is the log file,
    let me know if you need something else, but it seems to be happening with all my DVD's that do not have a protection on it. idk if that has anything to do with it,
    those all take 2-3 hrs to convert to MKV.

But DVD's that have a protection on it , those only ytake like 8 minutes to create an MKV and the format is correct.

edit: there are several titles in the log, and those are all failing.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pka4916; 03-26-2020, 05:37 AM.

Also tried editing the video and make it wide screen, but after encoding, it's still a squashed small screen.
    Not sure what do do anymore.. but something ain't right for those type of DVD's.. and I have about 20+ of them

Comment

About the "squeezed format", did you set DVDFab to crop it? Please check:
      1. in the Edit window, be sure that you don't set it to crop
      2. in DVDFab Common Settings - Conversion, disable the option "Crop automatically".

About the slow conversion issue, you were using profile MKV.H265. H265 will take more time, and you did not use hardware acceleration, please enable GPU acceleration in DVDFab Common Settings to have a try.

Comment

GPU is enabled,
        When the protection is removed and convert then it takes like 8 minutes and speed is like 30+ + GPU
        if the DVD does not have protection then it takes 60-90 minutes and the speed is only like 5-10 and NO GPU

I did uncheck AutoCrop, but then the preview is blank, but when i click the dropdownbox for the ratio's and leave it the same, then it shows the 4:3 format as destination, but the original shows
        as Widescreen now. (even though it was 4:3 before)

Comment

Unchecked the auto Crop, still doesn;t make a difference.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by pka4916; 03-27-2020, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Please send us one of the iso source that will take more time than other ones. Please check PM for FTP info.

Also, please attach the fabcheck_internal log file.

Comment

uploading 3 ISO files

1 = 3 movies in 1 Widescreen, and makes it not Widescreen and smaller
              1 = Widescreen , makes it 4:3 and smaller
              1 = 4:3 makes it smaller than 4:3

All 3 I tried making Widescreen in the editor, and those settings are not honored.
              "sometimes" if I set the dropdown on 16:9 it works maybe 1:20 cases
              but If I do customized, and move the edges to make it fit, that never works.

I iwll PM you once I am done with uploading.

NOTE: I created all all he ISO's with DVD Copy 1:1 in DVDFab

do you need the log after I tried it?
              Since I cleared hem up, and might have send those randomly already. othewise I need to re-create those.
              But with the ISOs you should end up with the same issues
              Last edited by pka4916; 03-31-2020, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Any update on this?

Comment

Pretty sure I narrowed down the problem.
                  I was using H265.

I just tried with H264, and the speed is there now, (not with H265)
                  The format works now for 4:3 format
                  Format works for 4:3 to 16:9 format. (the bug that it defaults when you go back in, is still there)

So it seems that the problem is with H265.

Comment

Working...
                  X