Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Speed differences when ripping a Blu Ray

Hello everybody,

I use DVDFab version 11.0.8.6 on a PC with an i7-4790K with integrated Intel HD Graphic 4600 and an Nvidia graphics card Geforce GTX 1660 TI. I tried different settings for ripping a film (Blu Ray) and cannot fully explain the speed differences of the process. For testing, I ripped a film once with activated Lightning shrink and once without Lightning shrink (setting video encoder and decoder to CUDA). In both settings I could not find any speed differences when ripping, the film was ripped on average at about 180-240 fps (GPU load at 70%).

Then I ripped the same film again with the same settings because the speed seemed very high. On the second try, the film was only ripped with a maximum of 80fps.
    I then repeated the whole thing several times by exiting DVDFab, restarting and doing the same thing again. The lowest speed I had was 43 fps. Why are there such big differences here?
    I would just like to understand the behavior.
    Thank you so much!

Greetings Peter

Hi Peter, please attach the log file to help check it. You can refer to this post to send us the feedback ID DVDFab Forum - Log Files Help Our Developers Troubleshoot Your Problems Quickly

Comment

Hello Mona

Unfortunately I have not yet been able to reproduce the problem. But I ripped the Blu Ray "Star Trek Beyond" for testing. DVDFab started with Lightning Shrink and also shows me that Cuda is being used. However, the GPU is only 20% full and the Blu Ray is ripped at around 80 FPS. I will try several times in the coming days and then send you the log files.
      Greetings Peter

Comment

Hello Mona

I have sent the log files. The Feedback ID is: 8275136

I uninstalled the Nvidia driver again and then reinstalled it. The GPU was loaded with an average of 20% during the last ripping. The film was ripped on average at around 80-90 fps, which is nowhere near my average 140-180 fps.

Greetings Peter

Comment

Hi Peter, thank you for the update. I've passed the log file to our developer.

Comment

Hello Mona

this morning you had written that I should repeat the process again without the Lightning Shrink switched on. Unfortunately, nothing more is in your message now. Do you also need the LOG files of this repetition?

Greetings Peter

Comment

Hello Mona

I have now carried out the process without Lightning Shrink and sent the LOG files to support.

The Feedback ID is: 8286251

Greetings Peter

Comment

Hello Mona

are there any new findings? Unfortunately I haven't heard anything yet.
                Thank you so much!

Greetings Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Misk11 View Post
                  Hello Mona

are there any new findings? Unfortunately I haven't heard anything yet.
                  Thank you so much!

Greetings Peter
                  The developer wanted to know:
                  1. When you noticed the speed changes into 80-90fps, did you cancel the whole process?
                  2. Normally as the task processes, the conversion speed could go up. While it's slow, how long did it take to conversion the whole disc?

Comment

Hello Mona

To 1.
                    I did not cancel the process, but let it continue.
                    To 2.
                    The conversion took about 45 minutes

I used to convert only with the internal INTEL graphics 4600. Then I installed the graphics card NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 TI and the first conversions took about 20-25 minutes (at up to 230 fps!). Although nothing has been changed on the PC system, converting Blu Rays now takes around 45-50 minutes. It feels like the NVIDIA card is no longer used. Nothing changes in the conversion speed when I activate Lightning Shrink or just select CUDA. I do not know whether it is related to the software updates from DVDFab, because as already mentioned, nothing has been changed on the PC system and no other software has been installed.

Greetings Peter

Comment

Working...
                    X