Video playback hesitates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Video playback hesitates

I have ripped many of my DVDs and started noticing a hesitation at some locations during playback. The one I discovered hesitations and made this test on is Spy Kids. My original settings were H264, Fast Encoding (1 pass), High Quality, and Frame Rate same as source. I thought it might be a settings issue, so I changed to H264, High Quality Encoding (2 pass), changed to 1800 kbps frame rate, and left the Frame Rate same as source. I checked the new one and it hesitated in the exact same spots as the first one. I played the DVD directly and did not see the hesitation. I have noticed a hesitation before on other recordings, but assumed it was a player, not a file issue. I need a good answer as I have ripped over 700 DVDs and about 100 Blu Rays in the last couple of months and thinking I will probably have to do them over, but I need the right settings or a fix. I can send you the file somehow and pin point the hesitation spot, if you want.

probably the player

Comment

It is not the player. I found it using Plex on Xbox and then checked it using Windows Media on a laptop computer. I have also seen other video files show hesitation also using Plex on a FireTV. Plex has worked fine with many other videos I have created using other software conversion programs.

Comment

I have once again ripped Spy Kids using a competitors package (Acrok) and did not see any hesitations in the spots I seen using this product. Also, interestingly, using "original" resolution size on both packages yielded 400x720 for DVDFab and 480x720 for Acrok. I do not know which one is the actual original size. I would much rather use DVDFab as it appears smarter and easier to use than other packages I have used (Acrok, Aimersoft, Leawo, and WinX). Also, DVDFab has handled all of my DVDs and Blurays that I have ripped without a problem, other than this hesitation. So I hope DVDFab can find the cure for me.

Comment

Originally posted by gregu206 View Post
          I have ripped many of my DVDs and started noticing a hesitation at some locations during playback. The one I discovered hesitations and made this test on is Spy Kids. My original settings were H264, Fast Encoding (1 pass), High Quality, and Frame Rate same as source. I thought it might be a settings issue, so I changed to H264, High Quality Encoding (2 pass), changed to 1800 kbps frame rate, and left the Frame Rate same as source. I checked the new one and it hesitated in the exact same spots as the first one. I played the DVD directly and did not see the hesitation. I have noticed a hesitation before on other recordings, but assumed it was a player, not a file issue. I need a good answer as I have ripped over 700 DVDs and about 100 Blu Rays in the last couple of months and thinking I will probably have to do them over, but I need the right settings or a fix. I can send you the file somehow and pin point the hesitation spot, if you want.
          Please use VLC or DVDFab Player 6 to playback the output file and see the result.
          If you got the same issue, please send us the dvdfab_internal log and fabcheck_internal log session for the last conversion to help check duplicate the issue, thank you in advance.

Please use Mediainfo to analyze the two output files, the one worked and the one from DVDFab that can see hesitation, post the analysis result here.

Comment

I have done as requested and had to crop the log files so that they would attach. I played both DVDFab and Acrok versions and compared hesitation points. Acrok had no hesitations, but DVDFab did. I can use the trim tool to show the hesitation, if requested. Also, I can send both full MP4s if there is a way to send large files.
            Attached Files

Comment

Attempted to upload clipped version of MP4 with one of the hesitation points, but this site would not let me upload any MP4s. So if you want it, let me know how I can get it to you. It is less than 2MB size.

Comment

I have done as requested and had to crop the log files so that they would attach. I played both DVDFab and Acrok versions and compared hesitation points. Acrok had no hesitations, but DVDFab did. I can use the trim tool to show the hesitation, if requested. Also, I can send both full MP4s if there is a way to send large files.
                Please go to Common Settings>General>A/V Codec, tick the "Disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding" to re-convert the Spy Kids to see the result.

Comment

I ripped a new version of Spy Kids with selecting "Disable all GPU codecs" and found the same hesitation at the same spots. So I ripped another version by selecting both "Disable all GPU codecs" and deselecting both "Enable Lightning...". No change on the hesitation, it still exists.

Comment

I ripped a new version of Spy Kids with selecting "Disable all GPU codecs" and found the same hesitation at the same spots. So I ripped another version by selecting both "Disable all GPU codecs" and deselecting both "Enable Lightning...". No change on the hesitation, it still exists.
                    Thank you for the update, I've sent you PM with FTP info for sending the source file, please kindly check.

Meanwhile, please try to use passthrough profile to convert one movie to see if it will make a difference.

Comment

I could not select MP4 passthrough profile direct. It would only allow MKV passthrough. So I went ahead and selected MKV passthrough and created an MKV file. Then I converted from the MKV format to MP4 using the Converter. This time, I could not see an of the hesitations from before, but it makes a long two step process. So I hope there is a way to use the MP4 passthrough profile and I just could not find it or have the right thing installed.

Comment

New version has MP4 passthrough so I tried Spykids. It started to look like it would work, but about the 3 minute mark, the file was at 2% and the time remaining started to climb. I left it overnight and it ran for 10 hours without any progress so I canceled. I tried another DVD using MP4 passthrough and it was doing about the same thing so I also cancelled it.

Comment

I have forwarded the Spykids iso to our QA team for testing. To help us quickly check out the issue, please specify the time mark where the hesitation happens. Thanks.

Comment

UPDATE:we convert the Spykids iso to MP4 and playback it with Windows Media Player, we don't get hesitation issue.

Comment

Working...
                            X