This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ps3 sound issue 5.1 center is left

After testing one of my BD's the middle and right speakers are switched. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

I assume you are using one of the PS3 profiles that converts to AAC audio. I've heard of similar reports. You might try a newer version if you are not on the latest 6.x Beta. I only use the audiocopy options to get the original AC3 so I'm unable to tell you what version (if any) this has been fixed in.

Comment

I have experienced the same in 7.0.1.2 when trying to convert AC3 to AAC 5.1 going from DVD to PS3 .mp4 using DVD to Mobile option.

Comment

Same here on two different Blu-Ray Discs.

gjoyce3

Comment

hi,

thanks report, the problem is the left and central channel switch ?

left -> center
          center -> left

or other channel is wrong too ?

Comment

I'm not sure about the other channels but in my experience converting ac3 to aac center was right.

center -> right

Comment

When I have converted DD 5.1 from DVD to H264/AAC keeping the 5.1 I have found the same Centre channel moved right.
              Also found same problem with BlurRay to File.
              For this reason I stayed on quite an old 6.x version which did not have this problem.
              Windows 7 x64, 4GB RAM, Intel i7-860, ATI HD 4550 Drivers Catalyst 11.3

Comment

Not 100% sure about the switch part, but the dialog is localized in the right channel. Interestingly, the preview function seems to have the dialog in the proper place - center.

gjoyce3

Comment

The problem persists in the latest version 7.0.2.5. Center is right.

file to ps3 5.1 channel aac.

Comment

First the good news: The issue appears to be fixed in BLU-RAY to Mobile using the PS3 profile. The last couple of movies I ripped in the official release have produced sound in the right place.

Now the bad news - I stumbled across the exact same problem in DVD to Mobile. The main dialog was coming out of the right speaker. Hopefully this is something that can be fixed easily.

gjoyce3

Comment

Working...
                    X