BD rip to MP4 - No audio in WMP only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD rip to MP4 - No audio in WMP only

I managed to get Deadpool 2 ripped last night, despite the counter-intuitive GUI. A beautiful 14.3GB file with one problem: No audio in Windows Media Player only. Sounds great in VLC Media Player and MP4 Player from Tomabo.

Is WMP incapable of playing certain types of audio? In this case I believe I chose AAC.

I wonder if it's a general Windows thing. Back when I had version 8.something, I ripped a ton of blu-rays and eventually, about half of the files ended up with the generic blue & white thumbnail and won't play at all in WMP, but will play in VLC or MP4 Player. I wonder if something happened to the hex data?

Anyway, the audio in WMP. Anybody else encounter this? Please let me know where log data is if that will help.

Sorry, I used AC3 for the Audio Codec. Trying again with AAC now.

Comment

AAC works, WMP has audio on the redo. I wonder what's up with that?

Comment

It could be that your system missing some codec, you may google "WMP has no sound" to find solutions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
          It could be that your system missing some codec, you may google "WMP has no sound" to find solutions.
          It works using AAC in BD-Ripper, so I'll just assume AC3 is newer and WMP can't handle it. It's been a long time since I had to add codecs to get something to work (back when .divx was a thing & earlier versions of WMP wouldn't play anything but .wmv or other .wm* files).

As far as old ripped files not showing up as proper thumbnails in a folder (but not all of them) and not playing bothers me more. And again, those all run OK in VLC or MP4 Player, so it comes back to Windows.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Working...
          X