Single Disc 3D rips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Single Disc 3D rips

So the main purpose of getting this software was to rip my 3d Blu Rays down for my Oculus. Most titles aren't a problem as the 3d Disc is separate. But several (Jaws 3, It Came From Outer Space, Dredd, and possibly a few others have both features on the same disc. How do you know that you're using the 3d file for the rip?

For example on Jaws 3 in other titles, I can see a 300.mpls (57.09 bitrate 57.09mbs), 400.m2ts (bitrate 57,250kbs), and 800 MPLS (bit rate 38.27) but I don't know what I'm looking for to pick the right file for 3d. All 3 have the same running time. I'm guessing bit rate is my clue, if so what's my difference between the 300 and the 400 file?

I'm also interested in any general suggestions for best quality settings. I did a lot of sbs but I'm seeing where maybe OU is the way to go. I'm mostly using these in Bigscreen VR and size isn't a real issue. I was using the samsung vr for a preset and pumping up the bit rate but I want to experiment with OU and that setting is locked.

You can use BDInfo find out the difference between the titles.

To get the best quality, please use 3D MKV Passthrough profile, but be sure that your device support to playback this format.

Comment

Thanks Mona, I had been using that for the above information.
      I had seen disc size for every one but missed the movie size stat. I do see that the 300 and 400 are essentially double size so I'm going to assume they're both 3d files. The description on each seems to list a 3d property so I didn't see it there. Appreciate the feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by mechashiva View Post
        Thanks Mona, I had been using that for the above information.
        I had seen disc size for every one but missed the movie size stat. I do see that the 300 and 400 are essentially double size so I'm going to assume they're both 3d files. The description on each seems to list a 3d property so I didn't see it there. Appreciate the feedback!
        Were you ever able to successfully rip Jaws 3D with DVDfab? I haven't had any success. It keeps detecting only a 2D stream and tries to do a 2D to 3D conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by mario64 View Post

Were you ever able to successfully rip Jaws 3D with DVDfab? I haven't had any success. It keeps detecting only a 2D stream and tries to do a 2D to 3D conversion.
          Please check the BDinfo to find out the 3D title and then go to the "Choose other Titles" section to pick that title to see the result.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Please check the BDinfo to find out the 3D title and then go to the "Choose other Titles" section to pick that title to see the result.
            As described above by mechashiva, Jaws 3D contains three different 3D titles: 300, 400 and 800. All three show as
            Codec Bitrate Description
            ----- ------- -----------
            MPEG-4 AVC Video 0 kbps Left Eye / 1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1
            MPEG-4 MVC Video 0 kbps Right Eye

Through trial and error I have found that DVDfab selects the wrong title by default. It selects 800 which it sees as needing 2D to 3D conversion. If you rip 300 you end up with a 20 second 2D file. 400 produces a complete file...I think. More testing is needed.
            Last edited by mario64; 09-26-2020, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X