Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper running slow

Hi,
    I've run into a problem since upgrading to the latest version, 11.1.0.3. After I did the update my encoding rate has dropped to a crawl.
    I admit the system I'm running this on isn't the fastest. It's an i5 with embedded GPU and 12 GB of memory.
    But previously I was ripping a DVD in under an hour (or maybe just over) and today it is taking at least 3 hours with an encoding rate of 12 Fps.
    I'm trying to encode these as mp4. And when it was done, I would get a video that covered in pixelated green splotches that would come and go.
    Since this is a new issue, I stepped back to a previous version, 11.0.9.0 from a few months ago when I didn't have any issues ripping a DVD. This version
    has gone the same as the current. My latest option was mp4.theatrical with mp3 for sound and it's been chugging along for 2 hours and has 1 left.
    There is hardly any CPU resources being used in the system. It's floating around 20% with DVDfab using 13%. 500MB of memory and 0% GPU.
    it looks like DVDFab starts out running well with a high FPS and good CPU usage, but then slowly fads away to this slow crawl.
    Any ideas on what I could try for settings to get this process backup and running at a reasonable speed?

Thanks

try doing a clean uninstall of dvdfab

Comment

HI,
      Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't really seem to make a dent. Uninstalled and did a re-install of the latest version. When I tried to run the dvd ripper it barely registered on the cpu needle maybe getting about 3% for a heartbeat in the task manager.
      I'm guessing I have some odd setting that got carried over to the newer version.. Anyway to clear out the settings ?? After my uninstall/re-install the new version still knew where to put my files so it grabbed some settings from somewhere.. Anyone have an idea where those settings get stored and how to clear them out?
      Thanks

Comment

when you uninstall, it should ask if you want to save personal settings.
        you might try going into common settings - general settings - click the factory default settings
        button in the lower left corner of the general settings area. restart dvdfab and see if that works.

Comment

Hi slacker,
          Your log files will be needed to help check the issue. Please specify the last DVD movie you try and attach the dvdfab_internal log file and the fabcheck_internal log file. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X