11.1.0.6 DVD Ripper Resolutions do not match

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 11.1.0.6 DVD Ripper Resolutions do not match

Using the MP4 profile, I ripped "he Event - Complete series". After selecting the titles, the resolutions are shown as 854.x 480. If I go to Advanced Settings, the default resolution is 720 x 404 (which is the resolution of the output file). Why are they different and which one is correct?

Please offer us more information.
    1. A screenshot of the Advanced Settings for the movie.
    2. From where did you see resolution 854.x 480? Please show us.

Comment

The 854 x 480 is the main ripper screen.

Comment

Here are the screenshots Click image for larger version

Name:	kramer1.jpg
Views:	472
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	385438 Click image for larger version

Name:	kramer2.jpg
Views:	480
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	385439

Comment

Ah, I see, thank you for the information. The resolution on the main interface shows the original resolution of the movie. The one in Advanced Settings is the output resolution, you can manually change it to the one you need.

Comment

Why doesn't the output resolution default to the original resolution? Why should the user need to modify the resolution if they wanted the original?

Remember it is the output resolution that is used in converting the file, so the user expecting the original resolution is really getting a lower resolution that they didn't know was being used.
            Last edited by oldManInFL; 09-17-2020, 06:44 PM.

Comment

DVDFab by default, will crop the black bars, you can disable the auto crop at DVDFab Common Settings > Conversion section.
              And lower resolution will output a smaller file.
              If you don't want to set a resolution all the time, you can also set the resolution and save it as the default profile for use.

Comment

Thanks, but you did not answer the questions. Why should the user have to edit the original resolution if they that's what they want. The program automatically changes the original resolution to another one and used that to save the file, without informing the user that is what happening.

Comment

Do you think it is acceptable to display the resolution of the files on the disc, then save the files at a different lower resolution ? I bet the users are not even aware that this is happening!

Comment

To keep the resolution the same as source, you can pick those passthrough profiles, they won't auto-crop the black bars.

Comment

MY question still was not answered. Why should I need to change the saved resolution TO the displayed value found from the analysis? One must assume that resolution displayed is what is being saved. Why does the program CHANGE the resolution from the display to a different one when being saved. I know that I can change the resolution in advanced settings, but why should I need to change the resolution back to default value.

Comment

Image1 shows the screen after DVD has been analyzed. The resolution is shown as 854x480. Image2 shows the advanced setting screen showing the SAVED resolution is now 720x404. If the user does not display the advanced settings screen, the files are still saved as 720x404 even though the user are expecting the files to be saved as 854x480 because that is what the screen is showing. You should make both the displayed resolution and default saved resolution the same value.
                        Attached Files

Comment

They all are 16:9. The playback result of 854x480 is the same as 720x404.

Comment

If that is the case, why are the resolution displaying different results? Why can I change the output resolution to 854x480 and it saves at 854x480. I find that 854x480 is NOT the same as 720x404

Comment

It's mainly pixel expand to 1:1.

Please refer to:

By Katherine Frances Nagels It’s well-known that while motion picture film has seen many different aspect ratios come and go over its history, video has been defined by just two key aspect ratios: 4:3 for analogue and standard definition (SD) video, and 16:9 for high definition (HD) video. Simple, right? Yes—but underlying this are some aspect

Comment

Working...
                              X