DVDFab 12 - Scan Forced Subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper DVDFab 12 - Scan Forced Subtitles

Hi, just downloaded the latest DVDFab Version 12. But in order to get a subtitle track, why do I now have to go into each title and check "scan forced subtitles"? This is now time consuming. In version 11, "display normal and forced subtitles" was automatically checked. Please explain. Thank you.

Originally posted by captnvideo View Post
    Hi, just downloaded the latest DVDFab Version 12. But in order to get a subtitle track, why do I now have to go into each title and check "scan forced subtitles"? This is now time consuming. In version 11, "display normal and forced subtitles" was automatically checked. Please explain. Thank you.
    Hi,

Forced subtitle has two types, one is marked as Forced Subtitle in the subtitle stream, like Avatar, it's supported in DVDFab 11, you can use "Display forced subtitle" option only;

Another one is in the separate subtitle stream, it's marked as Normal subtitle, e.g. the movie "Shape of Water, The", the first English subtitle has all the subtitlle, the second subtitle has forced subtitle only, in DVDFab 11, the result will not have the forced subtitle, but in DVDFab 12, DVDFab will scan all the subtitle stream and keep the forced subtitle when "Scan forced subtitles" option is selected.

Blu-Rays ,Region,Title,Time Stamp,Separate, Hardcoded or Forced,Track #,Description,Main Title Stream or Playlist File,Scope Screen Friendly,MakeMKV Subtitle #,Disc ID Code (located on back of disc around ring) BD,US,300,0:01:13,Separate,3rd EN,Translations for japanese writing throughout movie...

Here is the movie list that about the forced subtitle in the movies.

Thanks!

Wilson

Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you, Wilson, for the explanation.

Comment

Wilson.Wang Can you explain to me why the Ripper module has the capability to scan for and use Forced Subtitles (used for displaying translations), but not the Copy module when doing a movie only copy? Even if you select all English subtitles, they still have to be turned on manually in a player, unless you know one of English subtitles are Forced (translation) and then you can set that as default subtitle when copying. This may not be the right forum but since the topic Forced subtitles was raised here, thought it would be the appropriate place to raise this question (again).

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by LaciBacsi View Post
          Wilson.Wang Can you explain to me why the Ripper module has the capability to scan for and use Forced Subtitles (used for displaying translations), but not the Copy module when doing a movie only copy? Even if you select all English subtitles, they still have to be turned on manually in a player, unless you know one of English subtitles are Forced (translation) and then you can set that as default subtitle when copying. This may not be the right forum but since the topic Forced subtitles was raised here, thought it would be the appropriate place to raise this question (again).

Thanks
          Hi,

In copy module, the forced subtitle should be always displayed when speak the foreign audio, just turn off the subtitle, the used player will also scan the disc information files (index.bdmv, clip, playlist, subtitle) when playing back.

See the attached pic, it's copied the main movie of Shape of Water and the subtitle is turn off. Tried the DVDFab Player 6 and PowerDVD 19.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10-14-2020 10-41-57 AM.png
Views:	3434
Size:	408.1 KB
ID:	386083

And please also list the movie if the forced subtitle not be shown in Copy module but shown in Ripper.

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Where is this "Scan forced subtitles" option? I do not see it anywhere in the options...

Comment

Originally posted by rggauld View Post
              Where is this "Scan forced subtitles" option? I do not see it anywhere in the options...
              Pick "Display only forced Subtitle", you will see the option for "Scan Forced Subtitles".

Click image for larger version

Name:	scan forced subtitle.png
Views:	3392
Size:	7.8 KB
ID:	386314

Comment

Working...
              X