Intermittent problem ripping to MKV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Intermittent problem ripping to MKV

Just for your information, I have ripped many DVD titles to MKV.passthrough without any problems but there are a few here and there which cause my computer to crash with MKV. However, if I rip the same title to VOB.passthrough it rips perfectly. Since my OPPO supports both formats, I am not going to make a big deal out of this. Just wanted to let you know. Thank you.

Do you mean that the process crashed on some specific DVD movies' conversion to MKV?
    Please zip the log folder and send it to us. Thanks.

Comment

Yes the process "died" after 2% on some DVD Titles. I just now figured out why. The Subtitles box was checked where the title did not contain any subtitles. If I selected "none", then the Rip to MKV worked perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by captnvideo View Post
        Yes the process "died" after 2% on some DVD Titles. I just now figured out why. The Subtitles box was checked where the title did not contain any subtitles. If I selected "none", then the Rip to MKV worked perfectly.
        Hi, thank you for the update. We could not duplicate the issue with our source, what are the DVD titles you got the issue? Please list some that could be found easily.
        Also, we still need your log files to help check the issue. Normally, if a subtitle doesn't contain any subtitles, DVDFab shall automatically set to None for subtitle.

Comment

Hi Mona, these are some very old DVDs that have been in my collection for a long time. I only started ripping to MKV recently. In fact as I am writing this, I am ripping a DVD where the main movie showed subtitles but the other featurettes correctly did not show any. Anyway, yesterday this glitch occurred on more than one DVD. I copied and pasted one of the sessions from the logfile and have attached it. Hope this helps. DVDFab12Log-20201108.txt

Comment

error: mkv process filter config info to exit running process, 726
            We will try to duplicate the issue first. Thanks.

Comment

We could not duplicate the issue with our sources, please use Copy mode to clone an iso file from the original movie disc and then send it to our FTP to help check it out. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi Mona, successfully uploaded via FTP earlier today. Thank you very much.

captnvideo

Comment

Hello captnvideo,

I load your uploaded iso file as source, pick title 5, there it shows all three subtitle options, so I pick only EN, make sure subtitle mode is set to REMUX, the process goes through well.
                  Please do a clean uninstall of DVDFab 12 and then reinstall it to try again and see the result.

Comment

Working...
                  X